I've been playing a lot of indy lately, so I decided I'd put my vintage strat to use.

I went out with intention of getting a custom classic Vox AC30 or AC15, the marshall of indy, in my opinion atleast. So I get to guitar center, lo and behold, there's an ac15 used, with footswitch for 449 dollars. I go to plug in a guitar to test it out, and the input jack falls into it. So I tell the salesman, who then gets it fixed, and offers me 50 dollars off of it.

a 600 dollar amp for 400 dollars was a good enough deal for me, So I take it home, and check it out some more.

Whoever sold it used, put a celestion heritage blue in it.

Thats like a 200 dollar speaker.

This amp easily should have been double what I payed for it.

Anyway. Im enjoying my personal triumph over guitar center.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Nice. I wish I could do that.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
RIPPING OFF RECORD

Consumer - 1

Guitar Center - 9756234957234056016734051394765130498756

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
RIPPING OFF RECORD

Consumer - 1

Guitar Center - 9756234957234056016734051394765130498756

but its the 1 we remember

i always get my gear cheaper then its retailed. we dont have guitar center down in melbourne but the equivilent is billy hydes
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
In order for Guitar Center to be ripped off would mean they lost money somewhere in the transaction, but I have a feeling the person who sold the amp to GC is the one who got ripped off. Even though it's better than the original, GC probably used that speaker as a reason to give the original owner barely anything amp. Even though it's better it isn't stock which depreciates resell value.

But congrats on the amp.
I spent so much time loitering at guitar center as a kid that I tend to spend my money there.

I was checking out some other shops in town when I was annoyed with their salesmen.... but, I ended up back in guitar center afterwards. *shrug*

The trick is finding the RIGHT salesman there, I guess.

I also don't like their "sliding prices" thing.
I havent heard about these sliding prices?

yea, they probobaly payed the original owner 150 for it.

Either way, even used with the stock vox speaker it should have been 450 ish.

I can personally say I've never been ripped off there. I've never payed more than 85% of full price on anything over 100 dollars.

Im getting 20% off of the taylor grand auditorium Im buying before I leave for college.
Going to save me 800 dollars.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Dude believe me they would know that it was modified. We check for that kind of shit when we do a street buy. It wouldn't affect the selling price in any way at all...the only thing we'd have to do is give the guy less money for his amp because its not original, so in a way T!AN is right. We usually try to find a good balance to give the customer what he deserves and help ourselves out in the end.

But congratulations on getting a good deal. There are usually good deals in the used section.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Sliding prices...

Well, the saying goes, no matter what price that's going into their register, they CAN shave it down (particularly when you're buying something for over $500 there or something). They'll say they can't, though, but if you keep on going with'um. I've also heard they're not on comission, but they sure feel like they are.

It's one of those "well known secrets"... like, if you order things that aren't on the menu at In N Out Burger.