Okay guys, I've really become dissatisfied with my gear. I mean it does an ok job, but I want a little better. I was wondering if I should sell it and get some other stuff. Here is what I have.

Epiphone G-400 Custom
Epiphone Download 2007 Tour Autographed LP
Epiphone Special Edition Special SG

Korg AX-3000
Rocktron Hush Pedal
Digitech Main Squeeze
Digitech Bad Monkey
EH Metal Muff w/ Boost
Ibanez Smashbox
Johnson Flange
DOD Eq
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
what do you play those pedals through ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Yeah, what amp are you using?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
A solid state keyboard, basically a power amplifier. So, not good. I get amazing tone all things considered.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
i'd probably sell all the pedals and one of those guitars for a nice amp.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.

Get a proper amp then!
It's not worth the hassle to sell ALL that gear, just to find out that you just needed a decent amp.
Telling by your avatar, i'm gonna recommend a Randall RG50TC
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
You didn't say what you want to be playing -

not knowing that we can't help with anything other than to recommend a new amp (obviously)
I'm really into shreddy stuff, like Children of Bodom.

And the Metal Muff is awesome.
Keep the Muff, Monkey, EQ and G400. And either other guitar if you like it. Sell off the rest for $$$ to get an amp. Let us know your budget on the amp, if you play with a drummer or not, and what part of the planet you reside on - near what major city? Markets vary by location obviously.
Quote by gregs1020
Keep the Muff, Monkey, EQ and G400. And either other guitar if you like it. Sell off the rest for $$$ to get an amp. Let us know your budget on the amp, if you play with a drummer or not, and what part of the planet you reside on - near what major city? Markets vary by location obviously.

exactly

I have very little money laying around. I most def play with a drummer and a full band usually. I live in North Carolina.
Well, sell a guitar or two, and some of the pedals, and go for a nice amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I'd save back your favorite guitar, the eq, and maybe the bad monkey - sell everything else and put it towards a new amp. You won't need the metal muff with a decent amp voiced towards your genre and I don't believe Bodom is all that effects laden. As far as amp recommendations - they're all sorts of threads geared toward what your looking for, just search them.
(bugera 6262/333xl, randall rg50tc, used 5150 ad nauseam)
So the Randall or a Bugera would be good? Anything else?
I dunno, when it comes to budget metal amps, The RG50TC and Bugera series are your best choices. I don't have enough experience with B52's to recommend them.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The B-52 can do metal, but isn't ideal in my opinion - I think you should try out a few though and see what you like.
Yeah, there is like no music stores anywhere near where I live. Which is lame.
Check youtube for clips, some manufacturers have clips on their sites. But it really is best if you try out the gear first. It's a lot of money to spend on anything so you have to venture somewhere you can try gear out. The amps listed are good for what you want to play. Sell some of that stuff so you can build your new amp fund.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
someone in Greensboro on craigslist is selling 1 - Behringer 212 amps and a footswitch for $500. Don't know if they are any good tho. Or are you closer to Raleigh or Virginia Beach?

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/msg/776834185.html

I wonder how much these went for? Sold now.
Aug 9 - Ceriatone Matchless clone and Laney LC-50 tube amps FS - (Greensboro)
Raleigh had a classic 30 for $300 and a EHX muff pi reissue for $50. Great, but not spot on perfect for the TS's needs.
Edit: Just keep your eyes open for the amps listed, don't be afraid to see if a Valveking works for you, I liked the amp when I played it but others flame it endlessly - it's all preference and opinion in the end. They go for $225 used and hey - if you like it...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 10, 2008,