Last edited by Horlicks at Sep 8, 2008,
Quote by forsaknazrael

thanks for the help but i kinda meant the one in the pic above,
i really like the way they are made
and i dont really tust anything with a quick release

Quote by Horlicks
That's a 3 pick-up goldtop Gibson LP. Expect to pay in the thousands

its got 2 Mini-humbuckers and a DiMarzio Dual Sound in the middle
and the two extra toggles are for coil tapping and changing the phase of the the DiMarzio

its Pete Townshend's LP #3 and its about $5,400
(i just want the straplocks he uses though)
I use schaller and they're pretty solid.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I use schaller and they're pretty solid.

+1 Thats what I use as well.

And they have the advantage over normal quick releases. They have a slot they slide into so even if you pull the quick release the guitar doesnt go anywere you have to pull the release and slide them out. The screw will come out the guitar before that lock ever gives.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
+1 Thats what I use as well.

And they have the advantage over normal quick releases. They have a slot they slide into so even if you pull the quick release the guitar doesnt go anywere you have to pull the release and slide them out. The screw will come out the guitar before that lock ever gives.

The only thing I've noticed with them is you have to get the lock in the strap tight or that bolt can come undone. A dab of thread lock wouldn't hurt either.

They're really fool proof.
Quote by Kevin Saale
The only thing I've noticed with them is you have to get the lock in the strap tight or that bolt can come undone. A dab of thread lock wouldn't hurt either.

They're really fool proof.

Yea I had that happen to me once as well, amazingly enough the guitar never came undone. I was playing for a while took the guitar off my neck put it on the stand then looked down and saw the washer and nut sitting there by the stand. It was my fault though I just hand tightened them and didnt break out the crescent wrench. Now there snug as hell...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yea I had that happen to me once as well, amazingly enough the guitar never came undone. I was playing for a while took the guitar off my neck put it on the stand then looked down and saw the washer and nut sitting there by the stand. It was my fault though I just hand tightened them and didnt break out the crescent wrench. Now there snug as hell...

Same exact thing happened to me, though I never did find the nut. Luckily I had a couple extras.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Same exact thing happened to me, though I never did find the nut. Luckily I had a couple extras.

Thats one reason I wouldn't trust those Pete Townshend Strap locks. Atleast with the schallers your strap would have to get past the huge threads and bolt size with a nut designed not to be hand tight but wrench tight. Then from there get past the lip of the quick release for anything to happen. Those hand nuts come off that Pete Townshend and your done for.....
Quote by forsaknazrael
The Dunlop ones are even more foolproof than the Schaller, IMO. The button needs to be pushed to undo it, and the strap locks are on tighter than the Schaller. I say this, having owned both.

I've actually heard alot of horror stories about the dunlops. People thinking there locked but there not or accidentally hitting the button on the corner of something disengaging the lock.
with all of them the screw, once returned to the hole, probably wont grip as well as it once had.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i got washers on my guitar that keep the strap from falling off. where'd i get them? my own garage. cost? free.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I've actually heard alot of horror stories about the dunlops. People thinking there locked but there not or accidentally hitting the button on the corner of something disengaging the lock.

Never happened to me - if they're hitting their guitar on the corner of something, they have more things to worry about than straps falling off. I have an SG, so one of the straps buttons pokes me in the chest. The Schallers are intolerable, in this instance.
Quote by jj1565
with all of them the screw, once returned to the hole, probably wont grip as well as it once had.

That's why shoving a few matchsticks in the hole is highly recommended anytime you replace any kind of strap button

If you really want it to be solid, fill the hole with epoxy and redrill it yourself. It's a bit more troublesome, but ultimately this will pretty much never fail.
Quote by Kevin Saale
That's why shoving a few matchsticks in the hole is highly recommended anytime you replace any kind of strap button

If you really want it to be solid, fill the hole with epoxy and redrill it yourself. It's a bit more troublesome, but ultimately this will pretty much never fail.

+1

Filled the hole and re-drilled mine... Match sticks held but not as good as I liked. The filled hole locks are more solid then the original buttons now.
I wouldn't doubt it, epoxy is a helluva lot stronger than wood.
Ever since I built some potatoe cannons I use epoxy for everything. It stinks, but man is it tough.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Ever since I built some potatoe cannons I use epoxy for everything. It stinks, but man is it tough.

Lol, I too know all to well how good epoxy works on potato cannons.