Hey dudes,

So, I'm planning on ordering a custom cabinet from Avatar Speakers and I don't exactly know what I should be looking for in a speaker. I have had Celestion Vintage 30s and G12T-75s recommended to me by people that I believe to be knowledgeable about such things. I've been trying to do my research and as far as I can tell the Vintage 30s have a much more powerful midrange sound with low bass, and the G12Ts have more bass and less midrange (the Celestion website calls the G12T "gritty"). I am looking to get a 4x12 to compliment my Peavey Ultra Plus, and so I have some questions that I am hoping someone will be able to answer. My guitar is listed below, and I mainly play thrash/speed metal but I've also been known to dabble in funk and jazz quite a bit. So, here are my questions:

1) If I am incorrect in my assessment of the two speakers listed above, what are the differences between the Celestion Vintage 30 and the G12T-75?

2) Would these two speakers compliment each other well in a 4x12?

3) For a good all-around sound (from metal to funk/jazz) is there a better speaker or combination of speakers?

4) What is the difference between 4, 8, and 16 Ohms and does it change sound quality? (my Peavey can run all three ratings)

Those are my basic questions at the moment. Price isn't really an issue because all of the prices for Avatar's cabinets are listed on their website. If anyone has any suggestions for anything else I haven't mentioned I would definitely be glad to receive any input/advice. I'm a complete novice when it comes to building gear like this, so please be nice (or I will cut you).

Thanks for any help guys. It is definitely appreciated.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Dunno dude. Celestions sound nice. But my amp has a closed back so a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite load of bass has been added in. Sounds brutalz. Also I used it for a school production and use it in the school Jazz band and for my Death metal band. Dno if that helped.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Bump. Otherwise I will recreate this thread elsewhere. :]
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
1) Pretty much dead on in the difference. Except of course, the G-12's have a higher handling level as well.

2) I've heard people pairing these 2 in a 412, sounds pretty good. If your main focus is metal, I'd suggest all G-12's though.

3) What you've got going is good. If you do mostly metal, do all G-12's. If you do them about the same, get 2 of each in an X pattern.

4) Less ohms pretty much means more volume, but they really only give you all 3 options so that you can run any cab you want. Whatever you do, just make sure that the ohms for the cab and head are the same!