I'd like to cover this song I've found on the internet, the song was originally written for the uke, and I've got a few questions. Are chords the same for the uke? I've put a capo on the fourth fret of my guitar and it sounds ALMOST right, if I slide it up one fret it sounds wrong.

I've never tabbed out a song before (I've figured out simple parts, chords, etc) and would like a push in the right direction.

At 0:47 to 1:02 she plays all the chords plus a couple minors (I think).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0rm853iYYg

I don't want someone to do it for me, but like I said, I just need a push in the right way.

Thanks, UG!

I figured this was the best place to post this, if it wasn't let me know and I'll move it.
I have a soprano ukelele and the tuning is very different from a guitar. The two middle strings are tuned lower than the top and bottom strings. So it goes (from 4th to 1st string) (high) G (low) C (low) E (high) A. So obviously the chords are totally different.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I'm gonna take a look through and see what I can identify. I don't have my chord charts near me right now, so I'll probably only recognize a few of the chords...I'll be back with an edit if I can figure any of it out...

Okay, the first chord, which is shaped like a D major on guitar, is a G major. Then she goes to something else (maybe an A, sure sounds like it) then to what I think is a D. My room mate is asleep, so I don't have a guitar to check pitch with, and my ukulele is 2 hours south of me. As far as the minor barre chords, I dunno what those are. But all of the major parts start on a G. That's all I've got, good luck!

edit#2: I just want to thank you for introducing me to this AMAZING girl. She's sooo good, and she covers all of my favorite songs!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Sep 8, 2008,
A wonderful instrument the Uke. I just watched a movie today with the Uke featuring on a lot of the sound track. Awesome!
^^ Load of fun too!! A uke's tuning goes gCEA which is like the four highest strings on a guitar with a capo on the fifth fret -- with the re-entrant g an octave higher than it would be in standard guitar tuning. Many uke players play with a low G too.

It looks like the chords for the chorus go G, D, C -- all major chords - and the fingerings she's using are the same as guitar.

fun how the uke makes that song happy......
Quote by Sid McCall
I'm gonna take a look through and see what I can identify. I don't have my chord charts near me right now, so I'll probably only recognize a few of the chords...I'll be back with an edit if I can figure any of it out...

Okay, the first chord, which is shaped like a D major on guitar, is a G major. Then she goes to something else (maybe an A, sure sounds like it) then to what I think is a D. My room mate is asleep, so I don't have a guitar to check pitch with, and my ukulele is 2 hours south of me. As far as the minor barre chords, I dunno what those are. But all of the major parts start on a G. That's all I've got, good luck!

edit#2: I just want to thank you for introducing me to this AMAZING girl. She's sooo good, and she covers all of my favorite songs!

Ah, thanks! Maybe when you and your guitar are together and your roommate is asleep you can test it out. And no problem, my friend just introduced me to her the other day. Enjoy!

@ milagroso - Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the info. I'm going to work on the song either late tonight or tomorrow and let you guys know how it's coming!