I am having troubles with the direction of my songs, i keep writing cool riffs but dont know where to go im fairly experienced ive been playing for 7 years now but am stuck for now for some reason anyhelp or advice i have one of my songs on my profile so check it out and if you have any tips or suggestions lemme know
"if theres grass in the field... PLAY BALL!"

"put the chicken in the ham"...I'll have to remember that one... "Hey Babe! I'm gonna put my chicken in yo' ham!."
u can incorporate some sort of counter melody to come in, that will help add to the dynamic bt keeping in mind u leave room for a big powerful chorus

or

u could add another rhythm section on an acoustic which plays chords for a underlay of sound

basically u just need to thicken the sound of what u have there and move forward with the same basic ideas but adding more and more until u get to the chorus

-
Quote by Martindecorum
u can incorporate some sort of counter melody to come in, that will help add to the dynamic bt keeping in mind u leave room for a big powerful chorus

or

u could add another rhythm section on an acoustic which plays chords for a underlay of sound

basically u just need to thicken the sound of what u have there and move forward with the same basic ideas but adding more and more until u get to the chorus

-

should i play the same notes just as chords as the same progression or something different?
"if theres grass in the field... PLAY BALL!"

"put the chicken in the ham"...I'll have to remember that one... "Hey Babe! I'm gonna put my chicken in yo' ham!."
Quote by guitaro guy
should i play the same notes just as chords as the same progression or something different?

it can be done with different chords, but it may be a challenge to make it sound good

so just follow with the same progression