I just bought a used B-52 At100 straight cab. I have a new At100 head.

1st question - what ohms should I be playing through in mono? Should I set the head to 4 ohm and the speakers to 4ohm? Should I be using 16ohm on the head and 16 ohm on the cab?

2nd question - In 4ohm mode, by the way, only the speakers on the right are putting out sound. Is this normal? In 16ohm mode, only the left speakers are putting out sound. And yes, I do have the selector in the back of the cab set for mono.

4ohm sounds deeper to me, and 16 ohm sounds thinner but with more sustain. I'm not sure if thats just my ears playing tricks on me. Thanks.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
The more I think about it, I don't think this cab is working right. Shouldn't all four speakers be working in mono regardless of whether I have it on 4 or 16ohm?

Also, can I run two speaker cables out of the back of the head into the cab's two inpurts in stereo mode 8ohm? That shouldn't hurt the head, right?
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Epiphone Embassy
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
youre answering youre own questions, yes, although all 4 speakers should be working in mono mode. is that a used cab? did someone put new speakers in? just sounds like a bad wiring jerb to me.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Yeah, I bought it used. Dirt cheap - now I know why LOL...

When I picked it up, it sounded fine. I just didnt think to listen t each individual speaker and I was in a hurry. Serves me right. OG speakers, I think, by the way.

Is re-wiring easy? Just soldering the wires correctly, right?
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Epiphone Embassy
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
For most new cabinets you don't need to solder anything, there are just clips you connect and disconnect.