Hey I just wrote a new song this weekend it's called 7 Years because a mirror broke while I was writing it. It's a few genres together with the foundation of reggae. Bass line is okay I guess, I'm still not the best bassist lol I'll get you back thanks for listening!

Wes

EDIT: I guess the link would help... soundclick
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Last edited by stinger12345 at Sep 8, 2008,
great guitar licks in the intro

i love the feel of it...very slightly stoopid (i just got to see them, pepper and sly and robbie at red rocks it was amazing)

the guitar sounds good over it, i love your feel man. the new bassline sounds very familiar, like that one song off slightly's new CD...i forget the name though

good tune man keep it up
Hi!

Good song! I agree with ^Schreddar^, this kinda feels like Madness but slower :p a good song to go on and have a beer to! overall your guitar's tone was great, I loved the bassline too.. A little point of criticism though, the instrument didn't always seem to perfectly sync, sometimes the guitar or bass were a bit off rhythm.. Especially in the intro part.
Other than that, no remarks at all, great work!

Wanna crit mine? C4C just posted this: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955209

Cheers!
ZeG
Thanks for reviewing my song

Okay, first off the song reminds me of No Doubt a little bit - the intro especially before the lead guitar comes in.

I like the verse(?) part with the panned guitar section - it's cool melody.

Yeah, pretty catchy song there. Get some vocals on there!
Quote by Shreddar003
great guitar licks in the intro

i love the feel of it...very slightly stoopid (i just got to see them, pepper and sly and robbie at red rocks it was amazing)

the guitar sounds good over it, i love your feel man. the new bassline sounds very familiar, like that one song off slightly's new CD...i forget the name though

good tune man keep it up

eek ya you're right part of the chorus bassline sounds a lot like I Would Do For You which is Slightly's UB40 cover. I should change that up though
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100

Did you put two bass track in this? if so why? also I'm not really a fan of the 'chicka' rhythm guitar track. Sounds like you just plugged straight into your computer with no amp. Add some more high end and presence to it. But it's got a good groove, and is fun to listen too.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by aetherspear
Did you put two bass track in this? if so why? also I'm not really a fan of the 'chicka' rhythm guitar track. Sounds like you just plugged straight into your computer with no amp. Add some more high end and presence to it. But it's got a good groove, and is fun to listen too.

Thanks for listening and yea I did put two bass tracks on it...I don't really know why though lol. Ya I'm not really concerned with tone because I did just plug straight in just to give me an idea of what the song will sound like. Thanks for the crit
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100