Ok, so my friend's got himself a cheapo Strat copy, one of those cheap starter guitars that comes in a pack. You know the ones I mean. Now, he's snapped his low E and wants to change his string. Problem is, the ball end (I don't know the correct name) has got stuck in the trem system. It's a standard Strat system (dunno if there's another name for them), and he wants to know how to get it out, so he asked me. Now I've got a Les Paul replica, so I have no idea. I did it once or twice on a different friend's guitar who's got the same type of trem system, but all we did was poke something down there and hoped we'd get lucky and poke it out. Surely there's a better way than this. So I turn to you, the Electric Guitar forum, to provide me with a tried-and-true method of easily removing stuck strings from Strat trem systems.

Many thanks to you all.
sig goes here
use an end of the broken low e and push it through the top of the bridge(from top to bottom). Try this with a thick string, a thick string bent to create a thicker end. There might be a better way to do this, but I have gad this problem before and that's how i fixed it.
Quote by Tommy Walker
use an end of the broken low e and push it through the top of the bridge(from top to bottom). Try this with a thick string, a thick string bent to create a thicker end. There might be a better way to do this, but I have gad this problem before and that's how i fixed it.

Good idea, but the problem is the tension of the string jams it into the trem system. Is there no easier way?
sig goes here
Quote by Skater901
Good idea, but the problem is the tension of the string jams it into the trem system. Is there no easier way?

Wait what tension. Take a loose piece of the broke e-string and try to push it through the bridge to get the rest of the string out. You could try slapping or shaking it loose but be gentle.
Quote by Tommy Walker
Wait what tension. Take a loose piece of the broke e-string and try to push it through the bridge to get the rest of the string out. You could try slapping or shaking it loose but be gentle.

Well when your guitar is strung the strings are taught, yeah? Well the taughtness of the strings pulls the bridge end of the string up into the trem system and it gets jammed there. So anyone know how to get it out?
sig goes here
But there's no tension now because the string has snapped...there's nothing else you can do other than poke around.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
But there's no tension now because the string has snapped...there's nothing else you can do other than poke around.

Seriously? In the years that tremolo systems have existed, no-one has figured out an easier way?
sig goes here