Page 1 of 3
I'm not blaming the tomtom - try and focus on the implications of the government rather than my frustration with tomtom:::

Yes I made a mistake and followed tomtom. But my rant is about the british government!

I hate this ****ing government! As cliché as it sounds, I really do hate this ****ing government (United Kingdom). Bands say it on stage, maybe to get kids to like them, maybe because it's their job and they feel they have to, but I mean it.

I pay road tax, petrol is at an all time high at an average of £1.20 a litre (that’s $9.60 per gallon for you in the US), I pay insurance, and I feel I just cant drive anywhere without having to constantly think; how fast am I going? Where can I park? Where can I drive?

I don’t speed, I'm a careful driver, I pay my taxes, I obey the law and this is how I get paid? There are scum out there who are stabbing people for ****s sack! There are scum out there who don't deserve to be on our streets.

They are doing this just to raise revenue. Where the **** is my tax money going?! Why is the government spending my money on things which I don’t agree with! I should be able to decide where the government spends my tax money!

I am not saying the government shouldn’t spend money on weaponry, they should. But for ****s sake, if your going to spend my money on shite like the Olympic logo for 2012 make it a good one and raise revenue in other ways and allow me to drive!

FUuuuuuck!!!!

Show your rage to give a huge Middle finger to the UK gvt who are driving people like you and I out of this country that has so much potential!
Signed.
Last edited by Metallicaloveu at Sep 8, 2008,
.... yeah, you should still read road signs you know ...
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Metallicaloveu
I hate this ****ing government! As cliché as it sounds, I really do hate this ****ing government.

This statement is epic.
At 2am you just expect what Tomtom tells you is good enough to go on. It was the first time I have ever used one and I'm never using one again.
Signed.
Quote by Metallicaloveu
At 2am you just expect what Tomtom tells you is good enough to go on. It was the first time I have ever used one and I'm never using one again.

You could've just said that, but instead you write a biography about yourself.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by Metallicaloveu
At 2am you just expect what Tomtom tells you is good enough to go on.

...why? Personally, I find the posted road signs and traffic laws good enough to go on.
Quote by Metallicaloveu

I've used them plenty, at all times of the day and night going to and coming back from gigs, they're never 100% accurate, there's always some change to the roads that the system doesn't know about, mines (not a tomtom) taken me down a street blocked off with bollards that it didnt know about among other things.

No matter the time at night satnav is something to point you in the right direction, not gospel, you got fined because you didn't pay attention.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by Metallicaloveu

I pay road tax, petrol is at an all time high at an average of £1.20 a litre (that’s $9.60 per gallon for you in the US), I pay insurance, and I feel I just cant drive anywhere without having to constantly think; how fast am I going? Where can I park? Where can I drive?

You should be thinking that anyway.
Quote by Metallicaloveu

Sorry mate but it's your own fault for blindly following what the thing told you, stop passing the buck.
America isn't sounding so bad now is it?
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
This was not the place to come looking for sympathy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
No America Isn't looking to bad right now but I think Canada has it for me.

I wasn't looking for sympathy. why is everyone on this forum constantly havign a go at everyone? I'm just looking for a place for everyone to share their storys/views/ and frustration.

How many times have you gone to get change for the pay and display machine and for the minute you are away you have come back to a £40 fine?! These people are taking the piss out of us.
Signed.
You do just follow Satnav 'cus you expect them to be right.

One time it sent us the wrong way down a one way street, i was in the passenger seat and noticed the sign but my mate driving didnt. Seconds later a huge lorry was coming straight at us beeping its horn haha.
Last edited by scott_vox at Sep 8, 2008,
Quote by tommyt
.... yeah, you should still read road signs you know ...

yeh
tom toms arent always right
nor do they always take the best routes all the time
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
I think people are looking at the GPS too much. Think about it this way... there was no tom tom and I just turned right by accident - £60 for turning right? THEY ARE TAKING THE PISS! I know I shouldn't have done it but I did and it was an accident. Theiving shits.
Signed.
you do know, common sense is supposed to be used with TomToms and such. your own fault if your stupid enough to trust it completely. If it tells you to drive down a river will you?
The thing with Satnav is that it's a gadget. Ie, you have to use your brain as well!
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by Metallicaloveu
I think people are looking at the GPS too much. Think about it this way... there was no tom tom and I just turned right by accident - £60 for turning right? THEY ARE TAKING THE PISS! I know I shouldn't have done it but I did and it was an accident. Theiving shits.

So your real complaint is that you got fined for breaking a traffic law ... that carries a fine ....

I'd suggest moving out of the city if you don't like driving round a complex system designed in part to make money.

However, even without the satnav being involved, you turned right when you shouldn't have, the signs are there, and they're there for a reason, you didn't pay attention and you got fined.

Deal with it or appeal.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
thats almost as stupid as michael scott in nthe office running his car into a lake cause it told him to hahaha
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
It's not thievery if you broke a promise you made to the country (not breaking traffic laws) that have known penalties. Have you tried contacting the tomtom company, seeing about getting some compensation? If it was their fault, you might want to try.
Are we just kicking him while hes down lol?

'you made a mistake and got fined haha your stupid'

I feel for ya, thats a steep fine.
Lulz. TomTom is just a guide it works via GPS and it can't read road signs. Hence why I never use one. Use my own sense of direction and a map or Google map directions haha.

But yes you are right about the Government. Bunch of tossers up there. Petrol is disgusting. As is the current road tax. I can't even afford to run a car. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it, every Government we elect eventually will go power crazy and start ****ing the country up in one way or another. Thatcher screwed us economically. Blair sent us to war under false pretences, and Brown is currently raping us socially and economically.
In essence. We're all fcuked.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
That's because people keep electing in morons, I tell you the Monster Raving Looney Party is what we need
"I'd suggest moving out of the city if you don't like driving round a complex system designed in part to make money. "

Thank you! That's exactly the point im trying to make! Designed to make money!

matt169: "In essence. We're all fcuked." - striaght to the point! exactly!

I contacted tomtom jsut for the hell of it - of course they say they are there as a guidence. Cocks.
Signed.
You know that TomTom doesn't have people on it either? I'm not "having a go", but it seems that getting fined for making a wrong turn could be the least of your problems.

I agree though, the government should allow us to be mindless idiots.
You should probably think for yourself too and not blindly follow what Tomtom says.
The government should allow us to feel safe on our streets by removing the shits that shouldnt be there. Get the homeless off the streets rather than spending my money on what I dont want it spent on. I want better schooling, nicer parks, more police, a better health system, anything!
Signed.
Quote by Metallicaloveu
"I'd suggest moving out of the city if you don't like driving round a complex system designed in part to make money. "

Thank you! That's exactly the point im trying to make! Designed to make money!

matt169: "In essence. We're all fcuked." - striaght to the point! exactly!

I contacted tomtom jsut for the hell of it - of course they say they are there as a guidence. Cocks.

Please dont try to twist what i said, "in part" was a big part of that sentence.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by Metallicaloveu
The government should allow us to feel safe on our streets by removing the shits that shouldnt be there.

I feel safer knowing that you won't be blindly following a satellite navigation system anymore.

You made some questionably valid points about the state of the country, but your attempt to validate them with your story of ineptitude is what led this topic to being nothing more than a well-deserved flaming.
Quote by Metallicaloveu

It's not £60 for turning right though is it.

It's a £60 fine for driving without due care and attention, endangering others by driving the wrong way down a one way street.

So shut it.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
It's not £60 for turning right though is it.

It's a £60 fine for driving without due care and attention, endangering others by driving the wrong way down a one way street.

So shut it.

it wasnt a one way street it was turnign right where busses are only allowed to turn right.
Signed.
Quote by Metallicaloveu
it wasnt a one way street it was turnign right where busses are only allowed to turn right.

Either way, you went where it was clearly signposted for you not to go.

Thereby, driving without due care and attention.

You got what was coming to you.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
SatNav's are stupid anyway...
They turn people like you into idiots, who would rather place their faith in a piece of technology than actually use their own eyes and actually have to think about what they're doing.
When you are driving, you should have to look out for all those things, I drive without SatNav and I'm willing to bet I could navigate my way quicker than you and be less likely to cause an accident because I'm actually thinking about where I'm going instead of blindly following.
Quote by Tom Martin
SatNav's are stupid anyway...
They turn people like you into idiots, who would rather place their faith in a piece of technology than actually use their own eyes and actually have to think about what they're doing.
When you are driving, you should have to look out for all those things, I drive without SatNav and I'm willing to bet I could navigate my way quicker than you and be less likely to cause an accident because I'm actually thinking about where I'm going instead of blindly following.

I totally agree with you, most of the time they send you on the longest route possible. I was only experimenting and from now on im sticking to google maps!

Just changed first post because the focus has been taken away from the situation at hand. I'm not blaming tomtom - I made a amistake and im gettign fined a lot of money for something stupid! I jsut want that money to be spent on somethin decent!
Signed.
Last edited by Metallicaloveu at Sep 8, 2008,
Quote by hyroglyph!c
thats almost as stupid as michael scott in nthe office running his car into a lake cause it told him to hahaha

dammit, i was BEATEN!

about the tax thing, that's why i like NOT having a paliament and a queen. parliament sacks prime ministers when they don't like his policies anymore, so it's hard for someone to make good change that's unpopular. politics has become a money-making game. and the queen doesn't make things any better, from what i've heard. do you actually get fined for hitting a squirrel in the road, for "killing one of the queen's animals"?
Last edited by dudius at Sep 8, 2008,
Quote by dudius
about the tax thing, that's why i like NOT having a paliament and a queen. parliament sacks prime ministers when they don't like his policies anymore, so it's hard for someone to make good change that's unpopular. politics has become a money-making game. and the queen doesn't make things any better, from what i've heard. do you actually get fined for hitting a squirrel in the road, for "killing one of the queen's animals"?
It sounds like everything you think you know about our government is wrong.
Page 1 of 3