Well, ive played guitar for nearly 3 years and just the other day i sold my electric because i wanted a better acoustic. I didn't feel like i wanted to play electric since i wasn't in a band and i wasn't getting anywhere with it. So, just my luck, today at school i was asked to be in a band. i want to do it since i was quitting electric due to lack of a band. i still have my amp (laney vc15) but, no guitar. What should i do?
Quote by polargimp
get another electric and join

But what if the band breaks up tomorrow?
What style of music are you going to be playing?
Is there another guitarist?

Why not play acoustic in the band?
I absolutely love the balance of an acoustic rhythm with electric lead.
Such as The Verve do with Ashcroft & McCabe.
borrow, steal, buy, hire

all good words
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Quote by Rocket19
What style of music are you going to be playing?
Is there another guitarist?

Why not play acoustic in the band?
I absolutely love the balance of an acoustic rhythm with electric lead.
Such as The Verve do with Ashcroft & McCabe.

Pop punk like kids in glass houses sort of thing. i thought about the acoustic thing, but i dunno if it would work for that style.
Not heard them, it's not a genre I'm that familiar with.

Why not just try it?
It might prove to be a disaster or it could set you apart from other similar bands.
Surely that could only be a good thing.
Quote by doubtfull
Well, ive played guitar for nearly 3 years and just the other day i sold my electric because i wanted a better acoustic. I didn't feel like i wanted to play electric since i wasn't in a band and i wasn't getting anywhere with it. So, just my luck, today at school i was asked to be in a band. i want to do it since i was quitting electric due to lack of a band. i still have my amp (laney vc15) but, no guitar. What should i do?

Sell it and buy a semi-acoustic.
Go buy a cheap electric starter guitar. There's no reason not to have an electric around anyways.