I'm not sure if this is the right thread but oh well.
For BTEC music I have to do 3 modules but one I get to choose and I have chosen "solo performance".
Now that I think about it, I really don't know what I could play.
I play stuff like Guns N Roses, Zeppelin, Van Halen.. But also Trivium, All That Remains, Bullet, LoG, etc..
Any suggestions would be nice lol

Thanks.
Quote by Brian 1.0
Don't listen to him, he likes rap.

Quote by napalm_monkey
i like to drink washing up liquid, it makes my throat feel fresh and smell like plates.

Quote by thomaserak
kill yourself, that'll show 'em.
umm eruption?

in case you need something more...
"unplugged" go for some blues (clapton for example)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Don't really need a backing track for Eruption really.. Good plan
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey
i like to drink washing up liquid, it makes my throat feel fresh and smell like plates.

Quote by thomaserak
Quote by tomisfatt01
Don't really need a backing track for Eruption really.. Good plan
Hats off to you if you can play the song!

However, you may consider playing something like "American Pie," though I don't know the policy on singing or your ability. However, that song could easily be played by one person; the piano in the background is not that important, and I don't hear much vocal harmonization.
I can't sing for s**t haha
I wanna play something rather impressive 'cause this girl in my class thinks she's so much better than everyone when she really isn't.
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak
Last edited by tomisfatt01 at Sep 8, 2008,
Nope she isn't better than me. She isn't better than many people and I wanna prove it haha
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak
I said I sucked at singing.

I can't sing for s**t haha
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak
Quote by tomisfatt01
I said I sucked at singing.

Nevermind that dude, women aint that smart.
lmao
bit sexist aint it
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak
Quote by kuronity
I am smart enough to notice that he edited his post and may very well have said that he sucked at playing originally. Even though I posted my "paradox alert" after the time he edited his post, I may have started typing my post before the edit took effect; thus, I am off the hook.

Women aren't smart you say? I proved a little math theorem this past summer where you could calculate the angle of a line tangent to a curve in the (x,y) plane. If you can prove this (not rigorously) as well, please PM me the answer.
Don't turn my thread into a nerd-off please I was just asking for a bit of help.
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak
Quote by kuronity

*reported*
Nice work.

TS: Can you play acoustic guitar well? If you messed around with the action a bit, look into playing some Andy McKee, Don Ross or Tommy Emmanuel type stuff; it always goes over well because it's such an interesting style of playing.

If not, YouTube Slash's "Godfather Theme" from the Tokyo concert. Brilliant solo and I'm sure you could do it without the backing.
Quote by :-D

If not, YouTube Slash's "Godfather Theme" from the Tokyo concert. Brilliant solo and I'm sure you could do it without the backing.

Yeah that solo is really good.
All these ideas are good but I can't decide.
Agh..
Quote by Brian 1.0

Quote by napalm_monkey

Quote by thomaserak
i'd recommend a classical style piece that wouldn't be too difficult but would sound good. just my 2 cents though.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
I am smart enough to notice that he edited his post and may very well have said that he sucked at playing originally. Even though I posted my "paradox alert" after the time he edited his post, I may have started typing my post before the edit took effect; thus, I am off the hook.

Women aren't smart you say? I proved a little math theorem this past summer where you could calculate the angle of a line tangent to a curve in the (x,y) plane. If you can prove this (not rigorously) as well, please PM me the answer.

You're getting slightly (very slightly) defensive, I think it was meant to be a joke (albiet a non-funny one). Also, if he sucks and she's worse than him then I see no paradox, she just sucks worse.

TS, is this girl hot?
sanitarium, very good intro solo not that hard to play but sounds sick, or, one, OR stairway to heaven
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25