i ve been told to find out how the star wars films are similar to western movies. there are these things called paradigms and my teacher said the star wars films had loads of the paradigms that are used in western films.

trouble is i dont know what the western paradigms are
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
hmm great help.
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Quote by saphrax
Simple.

Star Wars and western movies are generally rubbish, over rated, and about gay cowboys.

god?
There is sister fukking in both.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
good- jedi
bad- sith
ugly- jabba
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
A paradigm is a world view through which you interpret the world around you. ie the world is flat and at the centre of the universe, or, the world is a sphere and we orbit the sun.

I'm not really a film/literature type of person, but I think your question means the parallels or similarities between star wars and westerns, such as the way in which the societies in both are organised, and how this is presented in the film(?).

Edit: If I had actually seen a star wars film to the end I might have been of more help.
...Bleep Bloop...
the music correlates. westerns (by and large) have big symphonic scores - so does star wars.
play the star wars theme over the magnificent seven (while the movie is on mute) and it still works. and vice versa.

try playing the ecstasy of gold (the good, the bad, the ugly) over some of the sadder scenes from star wars...

as for the storylines... it's not really my bag sorry
small amount of goodies attempt to overthrow a vast number of oppressors.

cowboys > indians. allience > empire. whatever :P
i flew beyond the sun before it was time