Page 1 of 2
So ...who do you think it is ....I think its a matter of personal opinion...
but as far as im concerned ...here are two

Dave Navarro
The Edge
you
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
John Fruisciante, hes nothing special imo

Jimmy Hendrix, yeah i said it, most people just say hes the best cos they heard other people say hes the best and tbh theres players out there who will eat him alive
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Joe Perry
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
Quote by mrbungle50221
John Fruisciante, hes nothing special imo

Jimmy Hendrix, yeah i said it, most people just say hes the best cos they heard other people say hes the best and tbh theres players out there who will eat him alive

I agree with Hendrix, I think he was a sloppy player
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
i predict a slash flame fest!

and indeed i think slash is one of them
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by NathanWolff
Slash
Joe Perry
Search Bar

Diasgree with point 1 but I definately agree with the point 3, no one wants to read about what other people don't like, this thread and all similar threads are failures IMO.
Angus Young!!!!
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by smb
Playing guitar is overrated.

The Marimba is so und3rgr0nd and kvlt.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
The Edge, Keith Richards, most punk guitarists ie Ramone and Eric Clapton

Jimi is the original without him there would be nothing.
John Frusciante is an insane soloer he can improvise like a beast
Slash is one of the only players who can solo very quickly and make it actually sound interesting.
Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, B.B King, John Petrucci. They all suck. We know its all about Billy Joe Armstrong and "The Edge!"
/redone thread
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
Sam Totman

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
slash
jimmy paige
jimi hendrix
STEVE VAI
and John Frusciante, dont like his style

EDIT: how could i forget buckethead?
I'm Steve
Last edited by Irnmaiden4life at Sep 8, 2008,
the word overrated is overrated. it shouldn't be used when describing musicians. just cuz a bunch of people like a guitar player, and you don't like him as much does't make him "overrated". it just means that you don't like him.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by mon_the_fraser

Slash is one of the only players who can solo very quickly and make it actually sound interesting.

John Fruisciante is boring and generic, all his riffs and solos are boring

Petrucci is much better and can improvise a lot better too

your post is stereo typical rock elitist who actually knows nothing about what they are talking about.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mon_the_fraser

Clapton isn't a punk guitarist. Numb nuts.

Yeah, Clapton is a bit over-rated, but it's nothing compared to the over-rating of Hendrix. You'd have thought he invented the guitar. He's good, but nowhere near THAT f*cking good!

And come on! Seriously, he's not the original, if he hadn't made more distorted, and heavier riffs than there were around already, someone else would have. Get a grip dude, seriously. He wasn't ahead of his time, a god, or anything like that, he just experimented more than other guitarists at the time.
Last edited by clapton-floyd at Sep 8, 2008,
Quote by mon_the_fraser

Oh sweet lord.

Quote by mrbungle50221
John Fruisciante is boring and generic, all his riffs and solos are boring

Petrucci is much better and can improvise a lot better too

your post is stereo typical rock elitist who actually knows nothing about what they are talking about.

A whole post stating subjective appraisal as objective fact! You're the one sounding like you're trying to be elitist.
Quote by clapton-floyd
Clapton isn't a punk guitarist. Numb nuts.

Yeah, Clapton is a bit over-rated, but it's nothing compared to the over-rating of Hendrix. You'd have thought he invented the guitar. He's good, but nowhere near THAT f*cking good!

hendrixs' style sounds like a whale being raped
I'm Steve
Quote by Irnmaiden4life

LMAO
Quote by dubstar92
jesus, calling hendrix over rated on a guitar forum... isn't that the same as walking into a service at a church and shouting at the top of your lungs "god can suck my hairy, white ****"....

although i can almost see the lead alter boy standing up and saying "what, isn't father hubley good enough for you??"

Sanity is not statistical
how can anyone say that a guitar player is overrated when 100% of the people posting on this thread can't outplay the artists they are listing.
Dimebag Darrell
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Quote by Irnmaiden4life

I'm not talking about any of his rock stuff, you've described it quite aptly. I like his more mellow songs, like Little Wing, which is a really nice piece.
Quote by Low_End_Rocker
jesus, calling hendrix over rated on a guitar forum... isn't that the same as walking into a service at a church and shouting at the top of your lungs "god can suck my hairy, white ****"....

although i can almost see the lead alter boy standing up and saying "what, isn't father hubley good enough for you??"

bring back hendrix from the dead and have him play against the Average UGer. i hate to say it but the UGer would most likely win
I'm Steve
Quote by jvdude3
how can anyone say that a guitar player is overrated when 100% of the people posting on this thread can't outplay the artists they are listing.

Sorry to double post, but actually, alot of UGer's probably can. Alot of us are actually really bloody skilled!

Prehaps YOU can't out play them, but just about anyone who's been playing about 3+ years, and often less than that, can easily out play Hendrix etc. Then some of the ones who've been hitting 5+ years can shred like bitches!

All in all, you fail.
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
bring back hendrix from the dead and have him play against the Average UGer. i hate to say it but the UGer would most likely win

oh dude, didn't say i disagree with you, im just waiting for the hendrix fan boys to come along and preach about his god like abilities. im predicting there will be quite a few lulz when that stupid prick stumbles across this

Sanity is not statistical
Quote by DeaThrash
Jerry C and Funtwo anyone? i like Canon Rock, but that's about it nothing more than that

JerryC >>>>>>>>> Old Balls >>>>>>>>>>> Funtwo
I'm Steve
Page 1 of 2