Basically, I have an Ibanez Rg2550e prestige model in Galaxy Black which Is a great guitar, very versatile, fast, and all that, but have recently fallen in love with the Fender 50s Classic Series Strat and, as I dont have enough money to just buy it, I'm planning on selling my Ibanez.
basically this thread is to work out how much I can expect to get for it and then once all is confirmed (and im sure that im actually selling it) i'll stick it in the classifieds section.
Its in great condition,other than two tiny chips in the paint work around the edges, one about about 3mmx4mm and one barely visible which is on the back edge. Everything else is in perfect condition, and ill stick on a new set of strings before I sell it. Pups are 3 (H/S/H) DiMarzio/Ibz pickups, Edge Pro double locking bridge, Wizard maple/walnut neck, you can find most of the information on reviews and the Ibanez site.
This guitar is quite rare (took me a very long time to find) and is an amazing guitar.
So anyway, prices, I was thinking of selling it for about £580 with a Ibanez Prestige moulded hard case. I bought it myself for £679 and at the moment, the cheapest one i can find on the internet is at £645
Is this a reasonable price? Like I said, once all is confirmed this'll go in the classifieds so if your interested just let me know and I'll keep you in mind.
Well, you should sell it for maybe less than what it you seen it least, maybe £610-£630 with the hard case, and less without, maybe how much you said.

And another thing, get the Classic Player Strat, it's so much better, everything's upgraded and things!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Yeah, I reckon around £580 is probably pretty reasonable (hopefully anyway)

I heard that from loads of people but I dunno, i just prefered the feel of the classic series one to the classic player, it just felt more natural and comfortable, i didnt really like the neck on the classic player one. And I couldnt really hear a huge amount of difference between the sound of the two guitars either, and I can always upgrade parts of it if I need to.
I dont know what its worth, just try to buy what you have and you'll see the prices.

IMO - sell it with the old strings so it will stay in tune. you can include the new strings as a gift.

This is what im trying to sell.

70's Stratocaster
Quote by d_lord1
Yeah, I reckon around £580 is probably pretty reasonable (hopefully anyway)

I heard that from loads of people but I dunno, i just prefered the feel of the classic series one to the classic player, it just felt more natural and comfortable, i didnt really like the neck on the classic player one. And I couldnt really hear a huge amount of difference between the sound of the two guitars either, and I can always upgrade parts of it if I need to.

You've got no chance of selling it for that much - £450 is about the absolute maximum you could hope to get from a private sale, and even then you'd be pushing it, closer to £400 is more realistic.

It doesn't matter how old it is, all that matters is that it isn't new and for that fact alone you're going to lose 1/3 of the retail value. People can buy a used 550 or 770 for around £400, there's no reason for them to pay much more for your newer but less sought-after model.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Sep 8, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
You've got no chance of selling it for that much - £450 is about the absolute maximum you could hope to get from a private sale, and even then you'd be pushing it, closer to £400 is more realistic.

It doesn't matter how old it is, all that matters is that it isn't new and for that fact alone you're going to lose 1/3 of the retail value. People can buy a used 550 or 770 for around £400, there's no reason for them to pay much more for your newer but less sought-after model.

Hmmm...
Im sure I could get more than £450 for it, I would of thought at least £500, if not more.
its not a very popular model but in my opinion is better than most of the other Rg prestige's, and the 550s and 770s cost less than this one new anyway.
Ill put it on the classifieds soon anyway and see what the response is, if not ill try somewhere else.
Quote by BR0THERALEX
I dont know what its worth, just try to buy what you have and you'll see the prices.

IMO - sell it with the old strings so it will stay in tune. you can include the new strings as a gift.

This is what im trying to sell.

70's Stratocaster

how much are you selling that one for?
and how does it compare to the 50s classic?
I'd agree with the Seagul, you're looking at £450 max. Hell, I think if I sold my PGM301 I doubt I'd get more than £500.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by d_lord1
Hmmm...
Im sure I could get more than £450 for it, I would of thought at least £500, if not more.
its not a very popular model but in my opinion is better than most of the other Rg prestige's, and the 550s and 770s cost less than this one new anyway.
Ill put it on the classifieds soon anyway and see what the response is, if not ill try somewhere else.

The 550s and 770s were in the same price bracket, I paid £600 for my 550, the 770's were over £700. You're not going to get away with less than 20% depreciation, it just doesn't happen - especially given the current financial climate. It's also prety much the bottom of the prestige range, there's others that are far more desirable.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the buy it now on the ibanez rg2550e i have seen are £485 so about that is all you will get.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube