This is annoying as F..

It seems black hardware is going, I thought the USA was still doing it but after waiting months for a superbridge from guitar parts depot, I finally geta reply saying that tonepros have also stopped making real black bridges due to the lead thingmejig.

Does this mean true black hardware is dying out? this Black Nickel or 'Cosmo Black' is nowhere near black and misleading...

I need a new bridge and can't find it anywhere... i you know where I can find a black super bridge (thats a tonepros bridge with graphtech saddles btw) i'll be extremely happy..

What do you thnik about this whole black issue? and do you think its going to die out.. unless they find something new to make it with I guess?
My gear
ESP Horizon II FR (Seymour's with coil tap)
ESP LTD Ex400
Wesley Explorer/Dominator

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w DSP

BOSS DS-2 Turbo distortion
BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
I like my guitars black, but I don't like a black guitar with black hardware. It's just a matter of personal liking, but I believe most people have tastes like mine.

Now, if I had a white guitar, I would so be looking for black hardware =)

[]
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
I don't like black guitars with black hardware, black pickups and ebony fretboards with no inlays. I like some bright colours and contrast. Something bright + black parts = awesome. Black alone = dull.

Is black hardware really being banned for poisonous metal content? That's the first time I've heard this. Isn't the metal, like, anodized?
it's a fashion thing, same reason there's no more brown cars...or white dog poo.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Good point. my EX used to have silver bridge and tail, but now black.. Maybe I should just getsilver..
My gear
ESP LTD Ex400

BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
Part of it is the ROhS compliance thing. You dont see much in black hardware that is compliant dont know whats in it thats makes it bad. So it takes a little time and companies dont want to deal with the paperwork etc. They dont want to make 2 of the same things that some can be shipped here and some cant. So they just make one less headaches.
And seagull Ive seen sparkly dog poo the dog had eat a bunch of tinsel off the christmas tree.
My Viper 301 is white with black hardware. It looks great.

The new Viper 400 has black nickel hardware which looks terrible IMO.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I cant find a black bridge and tail for shit now.. Its getting annoying as aargh..

Noway am I going to go to black nickel on my explorer unless someone proves to me it looks good.

Guitarpartsdepot have no more black bridges (tonepros and graphtech) and it seems musicians friend have one but the tailpieces are only cosmos black.. ahh jesus!
My gear
ESP LTD Ex400

BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9