I keep hearing about neck pickup, bridge pickup, etc., but i'm not really sure which is which... I have a Fender Squier & it has 5 different settings on the switch and i almost always play with the switch in the lowest setting, pointing downward, or away from me... Would that be the bridge pickup and the highest setting be the neck pickup? I like the lowest setting b/c it gives a good distortion sound and i can get good pinch harmonics...
The down position on the switch is the bridge pickup and, to be very untechnical, good for highs xD
And Up is the neck pickup.

Yeh I'm a noob xD
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
If you're confused, take a screwdriver, or some metal object, and tap the metal parts of each pickup in each switch position.

If you hear a loud click through the amp, it means the pickup is connected. In the "in between" positions, you often get 2 pickups on at once.
Quote by VanMaidenFan88
I keep hearing about neck pickup, bridge pickup, etc., but i'm not really sure which is which... I have a Fender Squier & it has 5 different settings on the switch and i almost always play with the switch in the lowest setting, pointing downward, or away from me... Would that be the bridge pickup and the highest setting be the neck pickup? I like the lowest setting b/c it gives a good distortion sound and i can get good pinch harmonics...

ok, the lowest setting is bridge, which is good for highs. next is bridge and middle pickups, emphasizes highs and mids. next is middle pickup only. then middle and neck, which is lows and mids, then neck only for the lows.
do you have a model with a humbucker in the bridge, or a single coil?
Quote by gonzosrevenge55
ok, the lowest setting is bridge, which is good for highs. next is bridge and middle pickups, emphasizes highs and mids. next is middle pickup only. then middle and neck, which is lows and mids, then neck only for the lows.
do you have a model with a humbucker in the bridge, or a single coil?

Not sure if i have a humbucker in the bridge... But i have 4 pickups that i see... One near the neck, another one a few inches down, and a pair of them between that one and the bridge...
the pair is a humbucker. it'll get thick and crunchy. you might like the position right above that, too with the bridge and middle both on.