So I just bumped in this lesson here while searching for chords (I want to learn every chord), and I bumped in the perfect lesson I've been looking for...I know this is a stupid question but how the hell do I read this????

http://ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/chords/all_guitar_chords.html

{define A.. base-fret 2 frets 0 3 x 1 4 0}

What is define A (I suppose it's an A chord variation)
What is base-fret??
And frets??

Cause I play it on the frets it says there 0 3 x 1 4 0 and it doesn't sound like an A chord...

Dumb question I know...I need to understand this lesson...it's perfect for me.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Quote by XxLloydxX
So I just bumped in this lesson here while searching for chords (I want to learn every chord), and I bumped in the perfect lesson I've been looking for...I know this is a stupid question but how the hell do I read this????

{define A.. base-fret 2 frets 0 3 x 1 4 0}

What is define A (I suppose it's an A chord variation)

I think it means define A as in 'Question A' or define 'Chord A'
I think it is some sort of computer generated list, therefore "define", all it means is that this is one (of many) ways to play an A major chord, anyway i never seen the A chord played that way, the easy way to learn all chords, is to learn barré chords, which is a chord you can move around, so to play every chord you want it to be, then you only have to remember; minor, major, minor 7th, major 7th, diminished, augmented, suspended chords (sus2, sus4), and then you have to learn the name of the notes on the 6'th and 5'th string, so to be able to choose which chord you want to play, also check out this website for some great free lessons on chords :

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/CH-000-Chords.php

good luck with learning
Quote by EdawMail
I think it means define A as in 'Question A' or define 'Chord A'

0 3 x 1 4 0 That still doesn't sound like an A chord...I think the base fret has the answer but what the **** is that...
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic