I already read the FAQ at the top of the page but tbh it didnt really help me.

Because my problem is not keeping my technique clean its that my hand cramps up after no time.

im talkin about playing stuff along the lines of guns n roses AC/DC kinda thing and because i improvise alot say when im playing my version the end solo to paradise city, whole lotta roses main solo that kinda of thing i get to a point where i cant carry on because my hand cramps up its sort of like it wears down after a small amount of time.

-Zakk
Quote by Zakk_Lp
I already read the FAQ at the top of the page but tbh it didnt really help me.

Because my problem is not keeping my technique clean its that my hand cramps up after no time.

im talkin about playing stuff along the lines of guns n roses AC/DC kinda thing and because i improvise alot say when im playing my version the end solo to paradise city, whole lotta roses main solo that kinda of thing i get to a point where i cant carry on because my hand cramps up its sort of like it wears down after a small amount of time.

-Zakk

I have the same problem. My left hand cramps up, and I have to wait a few seconds before I can play fast again.
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
why does Thin Lizzy sing in english if they are from ireland
Does anybody know how to stop the hands from cramping up? I've been playing five years, and it never goes away, no matter how much I practice.
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
why does Thin Lizzy sing in english if they are from ireland
Its not that i put too much effort into it, because i play pretty effortlessly when i solo and iv been playin just over 3 years so im not an absolute begginer.
Quote by fireoptic
Does anybody know how to stop the hands from cramping up? I've been playing five years, and it never goes away, no matter how much I practice.

I once had a teacher who told me he didn't have anything to do one week, so he practiced without actually pressing down on the strings. Like he did all his scales, exercises, and songs and such, but he did it without pressing down. After that week he said he played absolutely effortlessly.

Alright, to the TS, since you say you have the lack of tension down, how about efficiency? Don't lift your fingers very far off the fretboard (start with less than an inch). Another part of that is, say you're playing a 3 nps scale. ONce you play the first note, your index finger should already be moving towards the next string as your playing the next two notes. Do that with all your fingers. Also your picking motions should be minimal.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Yeahh i do most of whats been given anyways, my problem isnt playing fast my problem is playing fast for a long amount of time Because my hand cramps up because im doin lots of bends and such and i was askin if there was a way to help with this without changing my style.

Thanks for all the help so far though
^ your hands are cramping because you're pressing too hard. you should only press down as hard as you need to. i used to have this problem back when i was around 17, but then i knocked off the death grip and it fixed itself almost overnight (it took me about a week to get used to not having a death grip)