Uhm I have garageband

I need this broken down to me. I'm really just a simple guitar player but I wanna play around with this kinda stuff.
Epiphone EJ200CE For Sale/Trade
Boss GT-8 For Sale
-----------------------------------------
Wanted (based on sales)
Acoustic/Electric. Standard body w. cutaway.
PM me any offers
You can use different programs apart from Garage band.. Get a midi keyboard to make it easier and start messing around.. Make a drum beat you will like.. Don't try too hard at first and expect a masterpiece. With time you will figure out something very good soon.

The alternative programs you can use are.. FL studio also known as fruity loops, Reason (Very professional), MAGIX music maker, Pro Tools.. There are a few! You choose the one you like most! Me personally I like Garage band just now.. but Reason will definately not let you down.

Hope you make your music.
"Well aren't we doomed in this beautiful day"
Yeah I;m definately thinking about a MIDI keyboard when I scrape some cash together.
FL doesn't work for mac although i heard it was good for loops and what not. Ill be honest and I will probably end up Torrenting something, but pro tools is ay over my head :P
Boss GT-8 For Sale
Wanted (based on sales)
PM me any offers
Just try out Reason I guess it's one of the best ones right now! I'm not sure if it works for MAC.. If not just stick to garage band.. i've never used it, but it can't be bad!
^^Don't admit torrenting here, it's frowned upon and people will bust your balls about it.

As far as the thread topic goes, FL is good, but the stock sounds for some of the instruments are really crap. Reason is great, and has some great sounds. It does work with Mac, but bear in mind it can't handle audio, so if you want to add audio to your tracks instead of just MIDI sounds, then you'll have to export your finished tracks into a DAW software such as Reaper or Cubase.
There is poetry in despair.
good adition! Cubase and Reaper are both good programs! I found myself using Reaper because for some reason Cubase played reason sounds slower! :S !
I bought an M-audio Axiom 25 and I couldnt get it to work with Logic so then I tried Reason and couldnt get around it cause i didnt buy it and need a disk. Same with protools and the iLock. I guess Cubase is next on my list...

if anybody knows how to set up MIDI in logic help me out
Boss GT-8 For Sale
Wanted (based on sales)
PM me any offers
I've been there a bit, my real issue is that i can't get MIDI output on Logic 8. I tried the trick for Logic 7 with using quicktime as the MIDI synth and it still wont work. I can record and see my MIDI input but i can't hear it being played or played back
Boss GT-8 For Sale
Wanted (based on sales)
PM me any offers
Sounds basic, but have you just tried hitting the 'reset MIDI drivers' button? I'm sure you will have done.
There is poetry in despair.
Yeah as people have been saying try playing around with a MIDI keyboard and maybe a looping program like ACID or Fruity Loops. The Postal Service=awesome band/project.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.