recently ive been using thin picks, dont get me wrong, they are fantastic for alt picking, but the durability is pathetic, ive gone through a pack of 15 in a month? reccomend a specific type of pick thats thinnish but has good durability
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Jim Dunlop .60s? I use 'em all the time and never had one break.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
i use dunlop tortex, 1.14mm (you can get thinner ones if you want)
good grip quite hard

but thick picks are good for alt picking/sweeping/shredding

around 1.5mm
or 1.14mm

good stuff
I'd take a thick pick for fast picking over a thin one any day. I think thin picks are really only good for strumming and even then I'd still rather have a thick one.

Tortex pick are pretty durable, even the thin one should last a while. I would give some thicker picks a try though.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I agree with the thick pick, I was having trouble sweeping until I started playing with a Dunlop 2.0mm....it came alot easier after that.
Heavy picks are better for alternate picking - more control over the pick and what not.

Thin picks are just too floppy and never wanna do what you tell them to!
thanks guys, just bought a mixed pack on ebay, to try a bit of everything
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
^Good deal, I hope you find what suits you. BTW, what brand are they?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i have about 8 jazz IIIs

what a waste of 7 jazz IIIs
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
i use dunlop .64 i think? they are the purple ones with the dinosaur on them or aligator or whatever it is. I used to go through a lot of picks, i would hardly ever break a string but picks all the time, havent broken one of these yet.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Heavy picks are better for alternate picking - more control over the pick and what not.

Thin picks are just too floppy and never wanna do what you tell them to!

The only bad thing about using heavy picks is, once you get used to them, it's SOOOOO uncomfortable using anything thinner than what you're using.
Dunlop Tortex.The orange ones a great for anything,i think their .60,but the one i have here is too worn to see.
Were living in a world of fools,breaking us down,when they all should let us be.
Clayton Acetal Triangle Picks 1.52mm ftw Dunlops do not last long at all, but it is all personal preference, no one can tell you what size is the right one for you
I use Dunlop Tortex standard 1.14s.
Im considering thicker.
They are splended for fast playing and playing that requires precision.
I typically use Dunlop Gator Grips 2.0mm

but I also use 1mm Snarling Dog Brain Picks.

I'll try Dunlop Tortex's next. I hear a lot about them and I tried my cousin's and it was silky smooth but had grip. Addictive to use...
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
I use Dunlop Jazz IIIs - the perfect pick. The tip is pointed making leads a LOT easier. The only problem is I can't play using anything else anymore
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Dunlop 1.5s, Tortex I think. I've briefly used thinner picks but I've always come back to these, probably 'cause I learnt using them
I have used dunlop nylon picks there light and last a while even with heavy speed play.
Quote by Kevin Saale
^Good deal, I hope you find what suits you. BTW, what brand are they?

Fender me thinks
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Quote by JilaX^
Jim Dunlop Jazz III = The Ultimate Pick.

thickness?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Can't remember atm.

Just try them out.

I used to swear by this other type of pick, I tried the Jazz IIIs. Never looked back, ever.
Quote by JilaX^
Jim Dunlop Jazz III = The Ultimate Pick.

What about the POD?
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|