T'oraight chums,

I'm wanting one of them citizen card things so I can prove I am old and take some domestic flights. Thing is, the application baffles me. I searched for answers, but sadly I still know nothing more.

The referee for the application, now who can I have? I was hoping to bob into the MD's office at work, but I don't know if he counts. What exactly is a professional person?

If anyone knows please tell me!
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Why would you want one of them, hardly anywhere accepts them nowadays as proof of ID
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
wtf, didnt understand anything you just said
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

professional person is usually a doctor or a teacher
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
You can use a doctor. Unless you're particularly friendly and chatty with him or her you may have to pay them.

While on the subject, if anyone knows, I'd like to know how to get a replacement in my circumstances.

Normally you'd send £10 with the old card in the post and they'd send one back but mine was in a purse that was in a bag that was stolen so....

Tbh I could just phone the helpline but eh.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by daniel.mycoe
T'oraight chums,

I'm wanting one of them citizen card things so I can prove I am old and take some domestic flights. Thing is, the application baffles me. I searched for answers, but sadly I still know nothing more.

The referee for the application, now who can I have? I was hoping to bob into the MD's office at work, but I don't know if he counts. What exactly is a professional person?

They usually mean someone like a doctor/teacher/magistrate.... stuff like that. Anyone will do - it's not like they're gonna chase it up.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by BlackLuster
Why would you want one of them, hardly anywhere accepts them nowadays as proof of ID

+1
Get a provisional license and learn to drive instead.
Or take your passport around when you need to prove your ID. If you don't have one, I suggest you get one before they start adding more strange new features and change the application process.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by BlackLuster

Pubs don't usually accept them, however every single supermarket and off-sales does.

It has the pass hologram is photographic ID. It's even on the poster of the 'accepted forms of ID' that they have on their doors.

I just used my then boss as a reference. I told him I was 18 (at the time I wasn't) and then, no questions asked, he signed it and that was that.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by OddOneOut
+1
Or take your passport around when you need to prove your ID. If you don't have one, I suggest you get one before they start adding more strange new features and change the application process.

Exactly this.
Provisional licence is your best bet. They're a bit pricey but you get your money's worth.

Quote by darthteet
Pubs don't usually accept them, however every single supermarket and off-sales does.

No pub around here accepts them, and if you go out anywhere in town on a night out absolutely nowhere takes them; it has to be driver's licences or a passport, they're your only 2 options.

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by BlackLuster
No pub around here accepts them, and if you go out anywhere in town on a night out absolutely nowhere takes them; it has to be driver's licences or a passport, they're your only 2 options.

S'not really fair when you don't have a passport or a driver's license really.

Hm.

Might get one of each, seeing as I may get lessons soon even if I can't afford a car, at least I could drive, and I may need a passport next year so...

How much are each, do you know?
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by BlackLuster

They do, if you get rejected you can contact citizen card and they'll go mental on them.

Either way, does it have to be MY doctor or just a doctor?

The whole thing confuses me, I just wanna fly from Aberdeen to Birmingham without having to fork out for a passport.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Quote by BlackLuster

Which is what I said. Pubs don't usually take them, however every single supermarket and off sales in the country does.

Also, as an aside. I once got into a bar with a library card even though it didn't even have a DOB on it.

Edit:
Quote by daniel.mycoe
They do, if you get rejected you can contact citizen card and they'll go mental on them.

Either way, does it have to be MY doctor or just a doctor?

The whole thing confuses me, I just wanna fly from Aberdeen to Birmingham without having to fork out for a passport.

Any doctor, policeman, member of parliament or employer will do. No family members though.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Last edited by darthteet at Sep 8, 2008,
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
S'not really fair when you don't have a passport or a driver's license really.

Hm.

Might get one of each, seeing as I may get lessons soon even if I can't afford a car, at least I could drive, and I may need a passport next year so...

How much are each, do you know?

That's why I urge everyone to get one (or both) of them.

Provisional Licence is about £45-£50
A passport is £74

Y siempre
Y para siempre
teachers can do it. my mum told me coz she is one.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by OddOneOut
+1

Danny has epilepsy.

The DVLA will not let him even look at a car because of this!

Either way, what do you need to get a passport then? I know they are about £80, but I have basically no ID.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by daniel.mycoe
Danny has epilepsy.

Either way, what do you need to get a passport then? I know they are about £80, but I have basically no ID.

Do what I did then, and lie. I've got colour blindness with certain colours but I never told anyone. Everyone does it. My father had epilespy too and he never told the DVLA, and he used to drive land-rover's and 432's in the army.
To get a passport you need to send off birth certificates along with paperwork that you can get from your local post office. Oh and the £80.

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Danny has epilepsy.

Awww. fair enough.

Birth certificate (not a certificate of birth, they're two different things!), your signature and your photo signed and declared to be the true likeness of you by a teacher/doctor/whatever.
The form is pretty long from what I remember, but its worth having. You can also go abroad if you have your passport. It's usually valid for 10 years (depending if you get an adult passport) and the renewal process is pretty simple. You'll probably be grateful for it when you're older.
No other form of ID needed, afterall, it's the most basic and universally accepted form of ID. They can't expect you to have other forms of id.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by BlackLuster
That's why I urge everyone to get one (or both) of them.

Provisional Licence is about £45-£50
A passport is £74

Holy shizzle! The theiving bastards

£50 quid for a piece of laminate plastic with pictures on it.

Gah!

EDIT:
Quote by BlackLuster
Do what I did then, and lie. I've got colour blindness with certain colours but I never told anyone. Everyone does it. My father had epilespy too and he never told the DVLA, and he used to drive land-rover's and 432's in the army.
To get a passport you need to send off birth certificates along with paperwork that you can get from your local post office. Oh and the £80.

He willingly put other people at risk? :| :|
Quote by SteveHouse
Ok then, how do I go about getting a provisional?

Infact, better make sure I can use that on domestic flights...
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Holy shizzle! The theiving bastards

£50 quid for a piece of laminate plastic with pictures on it.

Gah!

Aye, a bit of a skinning by the government.
But, it allows you to drive a car legally and is the most accepted form of ID next to the passport, so in the long run it does you good
Plus, you've only ever got to buy one of them.

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
He willingly put other people at risk? :| :|

Thousands of people.
Everyone does it, lying to the DVLA isn't new.

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by BlackLuster

everywhere accepts them tard lolzz
tis the basic form of this new ID card balls the Gov is pushing!
MOTLEY CRÜE
Graspop Festival, Belgium, 26-28/06/09

Quote by Alter-Bridge
I'd fap to Malmsteen as well.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!

www.youtube.com/user/birchybaby
Quote by BirchyRox
everywhere accepts them tard lolzz
tis the basic form of this new ID card balls the Gov is pushing!

Do they hell!? Basically nowhere accepts them.
Our local corner shop doesn't take them. Nowhere (and I mean NOWHERE) in the city centre accepts them as proof of ID and the only reason we take them in Tesco's is because we have a sheet telling us to do it.
Had I not had that sheet I'd refuse it every time.
I don't know where you live, but it's common knowlegde that the only 2 reliable forms of ID are a driver's licence and a passport.
So pull your fucking head out your arse and stop being so bloody pretentious.

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Last edited by BlackLuster at Sep 9, 2008,
Quote by daniel.mycoe
T'oraight chums,

I applied for one last summer, and it still hasn't come
Quote by BlackLuster
Do they hell!? Basically nowhere accepts them.
Our local corner shop doesn't take them. Nowhere (and I mean NOWHERE) in the city centre accepts them as proof of ID and the only reason we take them in Tesco's is because we have a sheet telling us to do it.
Had I not had that sheet I'd refuse it every time.
I don't know where you live, but it's common knowlegde that the only 2 reliable forms of ID are a driver's licence and a passport.
So pull your fucking head out your arse and stop being so bloody pretentious.

bugger off!
if you dont have a passport and your not allowed to apply for a driving lisence, the a citizens card will do fine!
ask a bouncer ffs! lolz
MOTLEY CRÜE
Graspop Festival, Belgium, 26-28/06/09

Quote by Alter-Bridge
I'd fap to Malmsteen as well.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!

www.youtube.com/user/birchybaby