So I’ve had my heart set on an Ibanez S470 and had it on back order for about 2-3 weeks now but I’ve had an update from GAK today saying the next estimated despatch date is the 16th. Seems though I sold my last guitar to pay for the S470 I’ve been guitar less since I ordered it. I’m thinking about cancelling the order if I can and going for something else. I’m going to Uni very soon and I just hope waiting this long for the guitar hasn’t meant that I won’t be getting anything before I go.

I’m looking for a guitar around £350 and need it for gigging mainly. It needs to be very versatile as one minute it needs to be playing sweet clean parts and the next something a little more heavier. It also needs to be easy to tune down, I know the S470 had locking nuts and ZR trem but for the price I don’t mind having one. I’m starting to get into different tuning such as C# and C so would love to have the ability to do it very quickly and for it to stay in tune.

If I do decide to cancel my order instead of waiting another week or longer my choices are:
- Schecter Revenger
- ESP LTD MH 250 NT
- Ibanez RGR421EXFM

Or I could just be patient and hold on for the guitar I first ordered…
What do you guys think and if you think I should go for a different option to get my guitar now, what guitar should I go for?
Last.fm

Ibanez S470
Orange Crush 30r
Zoom GFX-3
I'd wait, but that's just me.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
check out the RG then...

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Six months or a year down the line, you will probably regret not just waiting another couple of weeks for the guitar you wanted rather than getting a substitute. I'd wait.
I would also wait but then I already own an S470 and know they're awesome.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
maybe i'm missing something here......... but can't you just cancel and then order from a place that has them in stock?
OK cool for all your advice, guess waiting a week or 2 for a guitar I really want shouldnt kill me =)
Also, the problem is everywhere is out of stock otherwise I would of ordered it from there straight away.
Last.fm

Ibanez S470
Orange Crush 30r
Zoom GFX-3
You say you're off to Uni, would it be worth researching the loacl guitar shops, and emailing/ringing them, see if they can order you one in, or even if they have one that they could reserve. That way there would be one waiting for you when you get to uni,

Just an idea.
Wait.

As far as I'm concerned, no guitar comes close to the S470 in quality for its price. Ride out the next few days until it ships, maybe borrow a friend's guitar. Trust me, it will be worth it.

On a side note, I would have recommended buying one from Rocking Rooster, where I got mine (and it was cheaper than GAK), but their price has suddenly and inexplicably shot up, so I won't Definitely wait for it.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Hmmm Rocking Rooster are selling the S470 for £389.99 which is alittle more than I had hoped to pay. I think il wait til the S470 comes into stock.

Polythene - thats an awesome idea which I will definitely look into. I didnt think of that either although that means I will have to wait til the 23rd (Uni start date) til I get my guitar and by then the S470 may of come into stock. Il have a look at music shops around the area and see if they have one instock anyways.

Thanks alot for all your advice again and its definitely helped me out alot and probably saved me alot of hassel and money.
Last.fm

Ibanez S470
Orange Crush 30r
Zoom GFX-3
Quote by Build An Army
Hmmm Rocking Rooster are selling the S470 for £389.99 which is alittle more than I had hoped to pay. I think il wait til the S470 comes into stock.

Polythene - thats an awesome idea which I will definitely look into. I didnt think of that either although that means I will have to wait til the 23rd (Uni start date) til I get my guitar and by then the S470 may of come into stock. Il have a look at music shops around the area and see if they have one instock anyways.

Thanks alot for all your advice again and its definitely helped me out alot and probably saved me alot of hassel and money.

'Specially when I paid £330 for mine, including delivery

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
don't be impatient, if you wait you'll be happier
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Yerr I think it would be alittle stupid of me for the sake of a week longer to just change my idea on a guitar and what I have wanted for some time now...

Quantum Leap - Overall the guitar and posting from GAK is £337.

JLT73 - you have an awesome set of guitars there haha

Also, Im looking for an Electro-Acoustic too but not sure what to look for. Ibanez seem to do some cheap ones which look a decent spec, if you wouldnt mind could you comment on the SX-60 too.

Cheers guys.
Last.fm

Ibanez S470
Orange Crush 30r
Zoom GFX-3
Last edited by Build An Army at Sep 8, 2008,