Page 1 of 3
So I figured since Dave was selling us Marshall JVM's now (Bye bye Line 6). He'd make Chris use them too, along with Dean guitars. But evidently Chris is going to be recording using his Engl's and Ibanez's. Anybody know or have any pics of which Engl Chris uses/has been using? I betchya new Megadeth is gonna sound killer. I'm stoked. I like Chris Broderick. I've seen some Chris hate going on too, I just don't get why?
He missed a couple of natural harmonics in a performance of This Godless Endeavour. Easy ones. We all just take the piss because the man is otherwise incapable of playing in any other way than flawlessly.
Chris is an amazing guitarist - I saw Megadeth a while back for Gigantour and Chris was amazing...he absolutely slayed at the show - better then Glen Drover in my opinion

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
To be honest, I don't care who you are, if Dave were to tell me what gear I was allowed to use for recording and I was of Broderick's standard, I'd tell him where to get off.

Besides you do realise that in the studio a band can use whatever the hell they want? Sponsored or not?
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Besides you do realise that in the studio a band can use whatever the hell they want? Sponsored or not?

Not with Dave, usually...
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Not with Dave, usually...

+1
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
That's because Dave is a giant tool.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by kool98769
+1

You must have met Dave or know him too!
I don't know who's more ate up about gear, him or Hetfield.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
You must have met Dave or know him too!
I don't know who's more ate up about gear, him or Hetfield.

Probably Hetfield since he actually uses good gear.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Line 6 Vettas are very, very good amps.
Quote by webbtje
Line 6 Vettas are very, very good amps.

Your sarcasm is duly noted.
No, I'm being serious. A lot of professionals use Vetta 2s, and they all have fantastic tone. Stop blindly bashing Line 6 amps, Spiders are the only vaguely substandard ones.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Funny story. I've met James a few times over the years. Once, I was actually alone with him. He was being totally cool and chitchat'n about stuff, then I mentioned I play guitar too and asked him about his gear.
*car brakes screeching*
bad move.
He kinda frowns at me and says "I use everything man"
I quickly changed the subject.
Quote by webbtje
No, I'm being serious.

Okay, but Hetfield has used quite KILLER gear in studio and live. Mustaine had his Marshalls and his Rocktrons and whatever, but Hetfield has the better gear.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Okay, but Hetfield has used quite KILLER gear in studio and live. Mustaine had his Marshalls and his Rocktrons and whatever, but Hetfield has the better gear.

Just for the record, Metallica owns the most gear of any band, maybe in the history of music. No joke. Their collection is damn near priceless. They have like five of everything. Kirk and James have a WAREHOUSE FULL of guitars in the Bay area, over 600 last I heard.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Just for the record, Metallica owns the most gear of any band, maybe in the history of music. No joke. Their collection is damn near priceless. They have like five of everything. Kirk and James have a WAREHOUSE FULL of guitars, over 600 last I heard.

Exactly.

Comparing Mustaine's gear to Hetfields is like putting a Ferrari against a Kia Rio.
Quote by thellamaking
Well Dave just uses whatever will get him an Endorsment these days.

Exactly, but in the past he's pushed that gear (current endorsements) on his other guitarist as well. It's been damn near mandatory. There have, or course, been exceptions, but rarely.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
And one guitarist even had to move to Japan so he could do his own thing... lol

That's only cause Marty Friedman had the yellow fever and the only cure was more chopsticks.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
That's only cause Marty Friedman had the yellow fever and the only cure was more chopsticks.

Oh snap!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Lol so true

Heres how I think it went down...

Marty: Dave I want do my own thing be by own person
Dave: You know how it goes around here you do whatever I say regardless
Marty: Fine, can we atleast have Japanese food tonight when we get to washington for the show.
Dave: NO I hate Japanese food I hate everything about it...
Marty: Makes mental note... Really you dont say...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Lol so true

Heres how I think it went down...

Marty: Dave I want do my own thing be by own person
Dave: You know how it goes around here you do whatever I say regardless
Marty: Fine, can we atleast have Japanese food tonight when we get to washington for the show.
Dave: NO I hate Japanese food I hate everything about it...
Marty: Makes mental note... Really you dont say...

It's more like, 'I'm too much of a talent for this second rate thrash band'

That's right, I went there.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
+ 1 million

You are 100% correct sir....

Flattery will get you nowhere.

Except for in my sig.

What's dave using right now anyways?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
ok while this thread has gotten pretty funny, nobody has answered the question I was wondering- What Engl head(s) does Chris use? Does anybody know anything about his gear?? I have not seen Megadave live with Chris yet, I really don't know that much about the guy except the vid's I've seen of him play which are quite impressive...
20 seconds wiki.

Chris is endorsed by Ibanez guitars, with Bare Knuckle pickups (the Cold Sweat model in the neck, Nail Bomb in the bridge) along with ENGL Powerball amplifiers and uses DR High Beam 10 gauge strings, often with a 70 on the low Bb. Before using Ibanez and Bare Knuckles, he used Schecter Guitars with Seymour Duncan pickups. Recently, there were rumors among fans that Chris's arrival in Megadeth would force him to switch to Dean Guitars, but Chris has continued using his Los Angeles Custom Shop Ibanez RG Prestige Seven String in his gigs with Megadeth, settling the rumors. It is rumored that Ibanez might make a Chris Broderick Signature RG Seven String based on his Custom Shop RG.

Broderick's guitar features a locking tremolo but he uses a graphite nut instead of a standard locking nut, opting instead to use locking tuners. In his posts on the SevenString.org forum, he revealed that this is due to his only subtle use of the tremolo and the straight string pull of the guitar's tuners.

His most used guitar is constructed of a bolt on neck with a rosewood fingerboard dyed black, a mahogany body with a quilted maple top, and the entire guitar (body, neck, and headstock) is bound in flame maple.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Just for the record, Metallica owns the most gear of any band, maybe in the history of music. No joke. Their collection is damn near priceless. They have like five of everything. Kirk and James have a WAREHOUSE FULL of guitars in the Bay area, over 600 last I heard.

Even after all that gear, they still go on and on about that magical mythical Marshall in every interview.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by webbtje
20 seconds wiki.

Thank you! But, I trust Wiki about as much as I would trust myself driving after I've been drinking. I think I'm ok, but it's the one time you think that something BAD happens. Try not to depend on it. The next thing you know, you'll be wrong because someone else was. Dangerous waters.
Quote by ragingkitty
Even after all that gear, they still go on and on about that magical mythical Marshall in every interview.

Honestly, The KEA and RTL tones aren't that good.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by webbtje
20 seconds wiki.

*faints*
However:
1. I doubt Ibanez will put BKPs in it
2. Ibanez will most likely charge alot more than it should cost (Matt Bachand sig, I'm looking at you)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
He hasn't got a signature, they're customs. He probably deserves one, and it would be schveet (if inordinately expensive), but he doesn't have one. Why wouldn't Ibanez let him have BKPs anyway?
Quote by webbtje
He hasn't got a signature, they're customs. He probably deserves one, and it would be schveet (if inordinately expensive), but he doesn't have one. Why wouldn't Ibanez let him have BKPs anyway?

He'll get his sig guitar now. Dave will see to it.
Quote by webbtje

Because BKP wont give them a huge discount for massive orders, the company cant put out massive orders, contracted deals that only allow the use of certain brands there already in business with and the list goes on and on...

Think Dimebag, when he got his signature Washburn.. Bill Lawrence couldn't supply so they went to Seymour Duncan to make a clone of his pup and deemed it the Dimebucker....
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Sep 8, 2008,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Honestly, The KEA and RTL tones aren't that good.

+1

Imo ...And Justice for All had the best tone.
Quote by False_God
+1

Bit too scooped for my taste.

Imaging AJFA with Black album tone.

*Orgasms*
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by False_God
+1

They switched to Mesa's for AJFA didn't they?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Because BKP wont give them a huge discount for massive orders, the company cant put out massive orders, contracted deals that only allow the use of certain brands there already in business with and the list goes on and on...

Think Dimebag, when he got his signature Washburn.. Bill Lawrence couldn't supply so they went to Seymour Duncan to make a clone of his pup and deemed it the Dimebucker....

Considering the cost of making Chris' custom Ibanez superguitar, I think ordering him a set of expensive pickups from the perfidious Albion would be the least of their worries. A production line signature would never get BKPs of course, yeah... they'd probably try to fob them off with substandard in-house pickups.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
They switched to Mesa's for AJFA didn't they?

MOP.

Mark IIc+ into Marshall power amps.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Page 1 of 3