ok, so my laptop is a few weeks old, i just bought some new external speakers because the ones in it were pretty pants. They worked perfectly, then i had to be a muppet and fiddle around with some sound settings, at some point during this they stopped working, along with the speakers in the laptop itself, please help me pit! (i'm running vista if this helps ('lol it nevar helps'))
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Ask the paperclip, his knowledge is vast.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
pick it up, throw it on the floor... winwin?!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

ok, so my laptop is a few weeks old, i just bought some new external speakers because the ones in it were pretty pants. They worked perfectly, then i had to be a muppet and fiddle around with some sound settings, at some point during this they stopped working, along with the speakers in the laptop itself, please help me pit! (i'm running vista if this helps ('lol it nevar helps'))

i cant help you solve your problem since i dont know what specifically are you doing

but here is some stuff to troubleshoot it

1.check speakers are plugged in (power)
2.check speakers are plugged in the right conector not in the mic or anything or line out
3.mess with the volume settings
4. test the sound on other applications to see if the application is not giving you sound

you need to give me more details what kind of speakers are these?
what kind of computer you using?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Quote by nebiru
Ask the paperclip, his knowledge is vast.

I heard the paper clip knows can tell you the secret to eternal life
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by stefan1988
i cant help you solve your problem since i dont know what specifically are you doing

but here is some stuff to troubleshoot it

1.check speakers are plugged in (power)
2.check speakers are plugged in the right conector not in the mic or anything or line out
3.mess with the volume settings
4. test the sound on other applications to see if the application is not giving you sound

you need to give me more details what kind of speakers are these?
what kind of computer you using?

yup, it's actually only applications that do not work with sound i have since discovered, if i use the 'realtek audio manager' (the place i went wrong in the first place) and play the demo test thingymawhatsit it actually plays normally, both with and without speakers
Quote by slayaplaya

yup, it's actually only applications that do not work with sound i have since discovered, if i use the 'realtek audio manager' (the place i went wrong in the first place) and play the demo test thingymawhatsit it actually plays normally, both with and without speakers

well if you get sound on the other stuff then you just need to mess with configurations and that should be it
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Right click on the speaker in your bar by the clock.. and open up the "adjust volume..." part. You probably accidentally turned down your apps or something. I do that shit all the time.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
Right click on the speaker in your bar by the clock.. and open up the "adjust volume..." part. You probably accidentally turned down your apps or something. I do that shit all the time.

i had done that then changed it, but it didn't do anything, fiddled around some more, and found it shouldn't even be running through the realtek thing, that's designed for microphones so yeah sorted, thankyou very much guys

case closed
Quote by slayaplaya

Quote by flipthatchicken
cant watch precious pr0n?
Mute button?

pft i prefer to call it 'recreational video viewing'
Quote by slayaplaya