SO. I've been looking at getting a second guitar. It's not something that I want to use to delve into some bizarre genre of music, I've just been searching for a great all round guitar.

My guitarist friends have said that cheap and great buys are Agile guitars - link to the site here. I, however, have never had the chance to play one. Would, if I picked up say a Les Paul, or a Strat, they live up to the quality of my Epiphone Les Paul? And if I were looking for a good all round guitar, which one would I pick up?

TY in advance.
Why would you want an Agile if you have an Epi les paul?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
Why would you want an Agile if you have an Epi les paul?

Well I don't know, that's the thing. I've no idea how much better or worse an Epi is to an Agile.
Quote by Gu1tar K1d
Well I don't know, that's the thing. I've no idea how much better or worse an Epi is to an Agile.

Agile is good, better QC than Epis.
ಠ_ಠ
Go to the Agile thread. There is a lot of comparison between the two. The main idea there is: Agile 3100/3000 > Epi Elitist by a little bit. Agile 2500/2000 > Epi standard by a little bit.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I'm pretty sure the Agiles are made in the same factory, by the same people, as your Epiphone.

From the Saein website (which I'm pretty sure is the factory Kurt uses for agiles)
"Saein Musical Instrument Co., Ltd. Is located in Namdong Industrial Complex in Incheon, Korea. Saein was established in 1991, 07. 01. Currently, we have 100 employees, and our monthly capacity is 4,500pcs still growing to expand. Our main business is OEM for famous brand Epiphone."

All aside, I own an Agile AL-2000 and a 1976 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe that was custom built in the Kalamazoo factory (not the crappy nashville guitars of the mid-late 70's.) I'd say they're both excellent guitars. I'd put my agile on par or better than any Epiphone I've played. I HATE the headstock shape, but that would really be my only complaint.
for the price? phenomenal guitars. i have the agile septor 7
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
So they're pretty damn good. Right then, two questions:

1) Do they ship to the UK?
2) Which guitar would I be looking at for something good all round? I'm tempted to get another Les Paul, but I'm not sure how much point there would be in that. Maybe a Telecaster-eqsue axe?

Thanks for the help so far guys.
To me agiles are good for the price, they are for people on a tight budget. If you can buy something better than do it.
I have a customized Agile Ghost ( Think explorer mixed with iceman). Best guitar I have ever played. Better than my buddies Gibson actually. That may have a lot to do with the fact that I made everything the way i wanted it....
Quote by Gu1tar K1d
So they're pretty damn good. Right then, two questions:

1) Do they ship to the UK?
2) Which guitar would I be looking at for something good all round? I'm tempted to get another Les Paul, but I'm not sure how much point there would be in that. Maybe a Telecaster-eqsue axe?

Thanks for the help so far guys.

They do ship to the UK I think. But still, I would rather play a guitar than order it over the internet.

So go out there, try out some Strats, some Teles, some Les Pauls, some SGs and everything till you find a guitar that's really good.

And, I didn't think an Agile was too great when I played it in a music shop, like a second hand one. It was the 3000 I think, but yeah. Oh well, I guess some things don't work well with other people.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Arr0wHead
I'm pretty sure the Agiles are made in the same factory, by the same people, as your Epiphone.

From the Saein website (which I'm pretty sure is the factory Kurt uses for agiles)
"Saein Musical Instrument Co., Ltd. Is located in Namdong Industrial Complex in Incheon, Korea. Saein was established in 1991, 07. 01. Currently, we have 100 employees, and our monthly capacity is 4,500pcs still growing to expand. Our main business is OEM for famous brand Epiphone."

All aside, I own an Agile AL-2000 and a 1976 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe that was custom built in the Kalamazoo factory (not the crappy nashville guitars of the mid-late 70's.) I'd say they're both excellent guitars. I'd put my agile on par or better than any Epiphone I've played. I HATE the headstock shape, but that would really be my only complaint.

I thought epis were made in china now
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by nexteyenate
I thought epis were made in china now

We just went through this over on the Harmony Central board. Gibson built a factory in china that only makes Epiphones. That doesn't mean that that's the only factory building them! The factory building Agiles is still making Epiphones.
I just got in my Al-3000. By far, it is better feeling than my teacher's old epi LP special II. Soundwise, i'd rank it above the Epi LP standard and equal, if not better than an elitist.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by AeroRocker
Go to the Agile thread. There is a lot of comparison between the two. The main idea there is: Agile 3100/3000 > Epi Elitist by a little bit. Agile 2500/2000 > Epi standard by a little bit.

I have never once heard anyone say that the Agile 3100 is better than the Epi Elitist.

Then again, I could be biased, considering I stand by the excellence of the Epi Elitist line, but I would certainly say that this is not a consensus. If you search the forums, and I've been a reader for quite some time, I think you would be hard pressed to find this statement. Possibly in the Agile lovers thread?

With that said, I have played an Agile 3100 before, and it was a nice playing guitar. Certainly GREAT value for the money, but nowhere near the Elitist with its Japanese quality control, fully solid-body (which you won't find again until the Gibson Custom Shop), and long neck tenon (which, again, you won't find until the Gibson Custom Shop). Of course, the Elitist will run you $1200, which is nearly 3x the price of the Agiles.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Yeah... agile as good as an Epi Elitist?!

Epi Elitists are supposed to be on par or sometimes better than Gibby LP standards. If an agile 3100 really is as good as an elitist i would be on that in a second.
Quote by yoyodunno
Yeah... agile as good as an Epi Elitist?!

Epi Elitists are supposed to be on par or sometimes better than Gibby LP standards. If an agile 3100 really is as good as an elitist i would be on that in a second.

Agreed. This is most likely the case of Agile fanboys--and this is not to say that the previous posters were Agile fanboys (much more likely, they simply read the posts of Agile fanboys in the Agile lovers thread)--ranting that their Agile beats out an Elitist. There is obviously no way to prove this, but I would be willing to bet a pretty penny that the majority of people posting that their Agile outperforms an Elitist have never played an Elitist--and the rest of them are fanboys.

But again, the Agile AL-3100 is an excellent guitar for the price. The particular guitar that I played was excellent, and I have only heard of a few lemons (which Kurt promptly replaced free of charge).
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
get the agile intrepid 8 string for massive broootalz
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by shredmeiser101
get the agile intrepid 8 string for massive broootalz

LOL AT THAT!!!!!!!!! haha

I dont know i really would like to play the Reaper Custom haha
Im saving for a Al-3000 before they go out of stock or get their prices raised.
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Agile look sweet i want one, but i have a Epi. I wish they had better quality teles... like a knock off tele duluxe.