so I was thinking...

though I have never played with one, I've taken an interest to the B-Bender seen on Telecasters. Personally, I own a vintage Telecaster. it means a lot to me, having been my fathers, but I really don't like the tele sound all that much. Even that being said, I've been experimenting with slide guitar and stuff, trying to get more of a "Blues" or "Country" style in my rock music. So I was thinking about maybe... installing on in either my personally assembled Strat or my Squier '51.

So, my question for you fellow UG members is this: How do i install a B-Bender.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

You cant just "throw" one on. It requires you to rout out almost the entirety of your guitar and then place a metal bar inside from the top strap to the bridge, only creating vibrato on the B string.

In short, no. Buy a guitar with one already on.
alright, so this plan fails. then does anyone know where I can find maybe a strat with a b-bender.

Quote by kurt_cobain9
alright, so this plan fails. then does anyone know where I can find maybe a strat with a b-bender.

Itz ez wen u use teh googlez

Personally ive only seen them on teles.
Quote by dogismycopilot
Itz ez wen u use teh googlez

Personally ive only seen them on teles.

I've only seen them on teles as well. I mean, I'd probably get one if I had to, but I really, really don't want to.

I would strongly recommend that you play a guitar with one first.

In order to install one yourself, would cost at least a couple hundred USD and would require a LOT of re-routing. There is no way I would do that to a vintage guitar.
The reason you don't see them on Strats is because (I think) it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to combine a b-bender with a tremolo. I don't see why you couldn't install one in a hardtail strat.... if you can find one.
Besides, it's mostly a country music thing, and Teles are the ideal match for b-benders and country because of their brightness and twang.
well, I have a hard tail strat.

If Im thinking of the right B-Bender I'm not sure you could put it in a strat becuase the routing would severly weaken the horn. The picture Im looking at right now has the bass side of the tele routed about an inch and a half at the strap pin. Im 99.9% sure that it wouldn't work with a strat.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
I believe the reason they put it on teles (just a hunch) is because when fender first came out with those two guitars, they specifically wanted one to be a hardtail and one not. The b-bending was later added onto the tele. It would not make sense for a guitar to have a tremolo AND a b-bender. At least to me, but i am a nobody so im probably wrong.
^^^ I think you're right about the b-benders that are controlled with the lever connected to the strap. I have seen one model that connects to a lever which you hit with your picking arm, and that kind might work on a strat.

Edit: This is quite ironic because for the last few months my subtitle has been "craves a b-bender"!
hmm... this may be more of a pain than what it's worth.

dude just use a hipshot b-bender. no routing, and easily removed
I don't need a signature to tell you I don't need a signature!
Quote by kurt_cobain9
so I was thinking...

though I have never played with one, I've taken an interest to the B-Bender seen on Telecasters. Personally, I own a vintage Telecaster. it means a lot to me, having been my fathers, but I really don't like the tele sound all that much. Even that being said, I've been experimenting with slide guitar and stuff, trying to get more of a "Blues" or "Country" style in my rock music. So I was thinking about maybe... installing on in either my personally assembled Strat or my Squier '51.

So, my question for you fellow UG members is this: How do i install a B-Bender.

If you don't like the tele sound how about new pickups? maybe single coil sized humbuckers atleast for the bridge and it would be easy to go back to stock.