Alrite so i thought that the carvin v3 was ultimate amp, however after finding a ton of samples i realized that i did not like the distortion. It didnt feel very tight and it was somewhat grainy. Ive been wanting an amp that can do very heavy stuff with nice palm mutes but i dont like it having a fuzzy sound. Also i know that open and closed back cabs affect the frequencies. I like having a lot of bass but i dont like it when it flabs out like Booooooooommm, i like it also very tight. Im looking for a muted sound like that of ensiferum/wintersun

I know about using an overdrive to tighten up the sound, would this make a big difference? If not what other amp should i look at? I would have a budget of 1500 max, for head and cab. I plan on getting an avatar, any speaker suggestions? Id like to have 3 channels all footswitchable, (clean, lead, rythm) all must have separate eqs.
Samples don't give a good indication of tone.

If anything, the Carvin V3 is a very focused amplifier.
Peavey 6505
It's got a lot of mids to it, so there's no messy low-end
ohai little sig.
A good Peavey. Even a Valveking isn't that bad, but a 6505, from experience, is a great amp.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
Quote by Demonikk
Peavey 6505
It's got a lot of mids to it, so there's no messy low-end

this or another peavey of your choice
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I love both the Peavey 6505 and Triple X. Those are killer amps. The Carvin is nice, but yeah, for metal, maybe no. A good boost/overdrive pedal always helps the distortion on a valve amp though.
well there is no way to test a v3. i can test a 6505 at guitar center, id have to look around for a tripple x.

Anything about cab/speakers?
Quote by Chaosinborn
well there is no way to test a v3. i can test a 6505 at guitar center, id have to look around for a tripple x.

Anything about cab/speakers?

Anything with Vintage 30's... Best your going to get to test is probably a Mesa which are great cabs and at the top of my list.