http://www.geartree.com/pc-4753-132-zoom-g92tt-twin-tube-multi-effects-guitar-console.aspx

I was told that plugging that into a PA would work because it works as an amp modeler, but what would a portable PA be? A cab? I love the tones people get fom those when plugged straight into a computer so how would it work into a PA/cab-type thing?

Do I have any idea about what I'm talking about? No. So don't be harsh.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
A keyboard amp would work well for what you want. Otherwise a PA would do well. You couldn't just use a cab since the Zoom won't have enough power to drive the speakers.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
that plus a poweramp and cab would work.

the zoom doesn't have any power section to run a speaker cab on its own.

somehting like this.

Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I don't know what that picture is of =(

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

its a tube power amp.

you can plug in a multiFX into it and then plug the poweramp into the cab.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
its a tube power amp.

you can plug in a multiFX into it and then plug the poweramp into the cab.

Link to that one, or any other good one? Would it sound just as good as the recordings ona computer of it? Or would it go back to sounding like any other 300$ amp?

or, if you can find one, a Crate power block. Ive never tried em, but they are essentially a 150 watt SS power amp. i hear they are pretty cool, but discontinued. im sure you can find one cheap then spend cash on a nice cab and the zoom.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Dude, I've run through several different keyboard amps, and I honestly would not recommend it.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
If you're planning on going the route of using a PA, at some point really make sure you're running through guitar speakers. They sell guitar loudspeakers to compliment your guitar's tone. PA speakers are going to be uncolored and flavorless, thus running guitar through them and getting a useable sound will take a bit of work. Especially if you're wanting convienance, an actual amp is the better way to go. With PA's you have to adjust them if objects in a room they're in is moved around, a guitar amp not so much, and much easier to adjust. (1 set of knobs verses, 2 sets of knobs 1 set of sliders 2 gain controls multiple speakers more speaker cables etc...)

The crate powerblock is a good idea, crate has a very plain sound which works great as basically a power section for a modeler. Carvin has an all tube power amp which is like $600, much less than a Mesa Boogie. Now you can go with a solid state power amp, such as the behringer europower. there aren't really any tonal problems, it's a bit dryer, but the problem is, and same with most solid state PA power amps, they have high wattage levels of well over 500watts per side, which would completely rape most guitar speakers.

When you consider a preamp and a PA, you're probably expecting to spend at least $600. I'd look for a cheap tube combo, to run with the preamp oooooooorrrrrrrr, a quite nice tube combo, or a really nice solid state amp, such as the Randall RG75DG3plus. Phenominal amp for the money.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
If you're planning on going the route of using a PA, at some point really make sure you're running through guitar speakers. They sell guitar loudspeakers to compliment your guitar's tone. PA speakers are going to be uncolored and flavorless, thus running guitar through them and getting a useable sound will take a bit of work. Especially if you're wanting convienance, an actual amp is the better way to go. With PA's you have to adjust them if objects in a room they're in is moved around, a guitar amp not so much, and much easier to adjust. (1 set of knobs verses, 2 sets of knobs 1 set of sliders 2 gain controls multiple speakers more speaker cables etc...)

The crate powerblock is a good idea, crate has a very plain sound which works great as basically a power section for a modeler. Carvin has an all tube power amp which is like $600, much less than a Mesa Boogie. Now you can go with a solid state power amp, such as the behringer europower. there aren't really any tonal problems, it's a bit dryer, but the problem is, and same with most solid state PA power amps, they have high wattage levels of well over 500watts per side, which would completely rape most guitar speakers.

When you consider a preamp and a PA, you're probably expecting to spend at least $600. I'd look for a cheap tube combo, to run with the preamp oooooooorrrrrrrr, a quite nice tube combo, or a really nice solid state amp, such as the Randall RG75DG3plus. Phenominal amp for the money.

Well, this was all to save money. Apparently it would do the opposite, and sound even worse. Would the models on the pedal sound bad through an amp?

Quote by Pinky19
Well, this was all to save money. Apparently it would do the opposite, and sound even worse. Would the models on the pedal sound bad through an amp?

Well, maybe. If you buy a tube amp you'd find yourself using just a bit of overdrive to boost the gain channel on an amp for leads or heavier rhythms. Trying to run distortion over a clean channel doesn't really give you the best of sounds.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Well, maybe. If you buy a tube amp you'd find yourself using just a bit of overdrive to boost the gain channel on an amp for leads or heavier rhythms. Trying to run distortion over a clean channel doesn't really give you the best of sounds.

I planned on getting a VK maybe... Then this eventually. But it was mainly for all the effects until I heard those patches of Steve Vai and I peed myself.

Quote by Pinky19
I planned on getting a VK maybe... Then this eventually. But it was mainly for all the effects until I heard those patches of Steve Vai and I peed myself.

huh?

look if you need an amp we can help you find one.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
huh?

look if you need an amp we can help you find one.

I have already made several threads throughout an ENTIRE year. Every time I have been suggested a VK with a Bad Monkey and a speaker swap when I can afford it for classic rock-thrash metal-some metalcore

That and the Krank Rev. Jr but it is way to much. The most I'd want to spend is around 500-600$ and it would be for bedroom use.

Quote by Pinky19
I have already made several threads throughout an ENTIRE year. Every time I have been suggested a VK with a Bad Monkey and a speaker swap when I can afford it for classic rock-thrash metal-some metalcore

That and the Krank Rev. Jr but it is way to much. The most I'd want to spend is around 500-600$ and it would be for bedroom use.

ok...cool...i thought i recognized your user name

umm...$600 is a lot. Can you go used too..........

PS and no i was not going to recommend the VK and BM out of the gate
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
ok...cool...i thought i recognized your user name

umm...$600 is a lot. Can you go used too..........

PS and no i was not going to recommend the VK and BM out of the gate

I would need to try it out in a store, and would prefer not going ebay (which would be my only option for used) but I wouldn't really mind.And 600 is kinda my max... But the main problem is the whole volume thing. The only time I could get it loud-ish would be the weekends when my parents are gone.

^Tube amps still sound good at lower volumes, they just sound their best when cranked.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
^Tube amps still sound good at lower volumes, they just sound their best when cranked.

Well, knowing UG, he was probably recommended the Valve Jr. and multiple other small wattage, low tonal control amps...in which they don't really sound good at low volumes.

But true, for any tube amp with more than just a master volume and tone control, they will sound good at low volumes, althoug they can be fizzy or thin, but when bumped up a bit they sound normal (good)

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Well, knowing UG, he was probably recommended the Valve Jr. and multiple other small wattage, low tonal control amps...in which they don't really sound good at low volumes.

But true, for any tube amp with more than just a master volume and tone control, they will sound good at low volumes, althoug they can be fizzy or thin, but when bumped up a bit they sound normal (good)

which is partially why i've been so high on the valveking tricks...and i'm not talk'n new speaker an tubes. Bad Monkey OD and dummy insert jacks rocks. IMO you get a gained up less muddy more harmonic impact. I can't wait to swap the speaker. I'm in $450 bucks so far and that is new gear.

theres other stuff of course.
It'd a whole rig modeller (pedals, preamp, effects, power amp, cab), This means you don't want to play it through a guitar power amp and/or cab. You need a full range, non coloring amp such as a PA system or a keyboard amp.
These go to eleven...
Quote by Pinky19
http://www.geartree.com/pc-4753-132-zoom-g92tt-twin-tube-multi-effects-guitar-console.aspx

I was told that plugging that into a PA would work because it works as an amp modeler, but what would a portable PA be? A cab? I love the tones people get fom those when plugged straight into a computer so how would it work into a PA/cab-type thing?

Do I have any idea about what I'm talking about? No. So don't be harsh.

Its only an FX pedal so you would need to run it though a PA setup which drives the speakers.

Simply run two balanced phono cables out to the PA board. Adjust your output volume on the pedal and let the PA guy adjust his levels.

If you want to get a small PA of your own you can look into something like the Behringer KX1200 which is what I use. Great little mono PA for the price. You can find them in papers and on craigs list.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
which is partially why i've been so high on the valveking tricks...and i'm not talk'n new speaker an tubes. Bad Monkey OD and dummy insert jacks rocks. IMO you get a gained up less muddy more harmonic impact. I can't wait to swap the speaker. I'm in $450 bucks so far and that is new gear.

theres other stuff of course.

What are dummy insert jacks and how would they help?