Poll Options
View poll results: Is this right?
Ethical
269 46%
Unethical
321 54%
Voters: 590.
Page 1 of 8
Today in my PE they made us run as far as we could in 12 minutes, then we got graded based on how far we ran
im not fat, but im not skinny, and i rather enjoy doing unhealthy things
I am now failing gym because i coudlnt run a certain distance in a certain time, and then the kids who have asthma failed it too
so mighty judges of the pit
do you think this is right/ethical?
or do i need to march?

EDIT: To you all who are wondering what it was
in the 12 minutes we had to run about two miles, maybe a little less(track)
i ran about a mile and got a 8/30
Last edited by gnpwdrtreason at Sep 8, 2008,
Segway my friend.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quit yer whining
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
run fatty

how else do you think they're going to grade you?

though to be fair, in my school, the guy would give you the D if you put the effort into it (the only people that got Fs where the people who ditched it or the ones that had attitude issues....mainly footballers )
Maybe you should get the fuck off my internets and onto a treadmill then, fatty.
Funny words.
natural selection
ESP KH-202 emg-hz
ESP KH-502, duncan custom 5, duncan 59
1978 alverez acoustic
Peavey valveking 100 head
line 6 4-12 cabinet
EVH flange, wilson q-wah, boss chorus ensemble, dunlop brick power supply
Ethical?

Is it unethical to make people do a maths exam?

Of course not, if you can't do it, you fail. For PE and maths and science and Geography and History.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
It's in your mind. If you're weak, you deserve to fail in it.

And also...

Tough shit.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
i would have taken it literally, and ran from my school to the 7-11 a few blocks away in those 12 minutes.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Shut up, fatty! You chose to eat all these cookies, no one else! Now it's time to pay for your sins, fatso!
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
I'm like 30 lbs overweight but I still scored top 25% in the physical fitness exam last year. You know why? Because I stopped thinking about how unfair it was and just took the damn test.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
ethical man!

in 12 mins you should be able to run at least 1 and half miles,

its called to cooper test mate lol it tests your cardiovascular fitness,

its as ethical as a maths test, yeah the thick kids fail, boo hoo,

cooper test, fat ones or unfit ones fail, life is just a seris of tests and thats a different test.....

( i can do 2 and quarter miles, so shape up bitch! )

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
To be honest, who really cares if you fail it?

Over here, if you fail PE then it doesn't mean **** all.
Its no different than grading students according to their academic performance. If you want to get better and get a good grade then run more; parallel to studing for an academic class
To th 7-11 we go then ^
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
honestly, it couldnt have been that hard to pass. how far did you have to go in 12 minutes to pass? a mile maybe? for pe101 in college, we had to run 1.5 miles in 9 minutes for an A.
I get that same thing in my math class. Just because I can't get my test score over 55 I fail?!
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

They shouldn't be able to grade you on physical ability. I passed my gym class last year just by walking the track everyday, and got the same grade as all the people who participated. Except I missed a few days, so that set me back. Otherwise I had a fine grade for being lazy. And now I've fulfilled my gym requirements so I don't have to take it ever again.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
ethical... it's gym class
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Yer i had 2 do it

i ran for the full 12 mins round a 60m track and managed 54 laps.. scary stuff really...

but u no i geus its down 2 ur fitness levels on if you think its good or not?
My Gear

Epiphone: Les Paul - 1994 - Birdseye.
Tenson: Strat
Samick: Acoustic < On Long Term Lend.
Samick: Amp - 15w
Roland Cube 30 Amp
Agreed, passes given for effort at least. The point should be to work at becoming fit, and not just learning. So I agree, its a nice change that your evaluated on your level of fitness. One step in sliming down one of the fattest nations on the friking planet.
Quote by seljer
run fatty

how else do you think they're going to grade you?

though to be fair, in my school, the guy would give you the D if you put the effort into it (the only people that got Fs where the people who ditched it or the ones that had attitude issues....mainly footballers )

Umm...they're not supposed to grade you on actual performance in PE in public school.

You're supposed to be graded on effort and participation. That's why PE is always an easy A.

But if you don't go to a public school, then they can probably make up whatever BS they want to.
if you're good at sports you'll get good marks in PE, if you're good at maths you'll get good marks in maths..

Is it unethical to give a dumb kid bad marks in maths even though he tried hard?

dude, they have that at my school too! if you run 5 laps, you fail. its complete bullshit.
and next year, the'yre even putting gym into our gpa's. now THAT, is complete shit.

and i have to take gym every year, every other day. and if you fail you go to summer school, or fail the entire grade.

it sucks hard.
but they still failed the kids with asthma, and people who physically cant run
if your going to use the math example, if i kid has a problem he gets help and people are mor lenient
and it goes against my unalienable rights
life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness
and im happy being fat
Tought sh*t, get off your lazy ass. Perfectly ethical.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
What was the distance to pass ? Was it sumthing ridiculous like 3 miles or just a half mile ?
Yeah, think its kinda stupid.
In my school they make us do those Beep tests where you basically do suicides
for as long as possible and whenever you stop running or don't make it in time (it gets faster
each time) then you get a number 7.5, 7.6 etc. and write it down..
But we aren't marked based on it, its just for us to reflect on our own fitness level.

They mark us more on effort.. they don't really give a rats ass if you suck at something aslong
as it looks like you're trying.
Quote by antianti99
What was the distance to pass ? Was it sumthing ridiculous like 3 miles or just a half mile ?

like two miles was a perfect thirty
i ran a mile
and got 8/30
I Dunno

It Is A Test, You Do Just Do It
It Depends On How Good The Teachers Are Really
Ive Had To Do It A Few Times... Being Asthmatic
One Teacher Let Me Sit Out When I Started To Wheeze Abit

But One Actually Made Me Carry On Until I Refused And Got Sent To The Head Honchos Room...
All Good Though!
The Teacher Got All The Stick And Not ME
XD
That's unethical.

You should be graded on your amelioration, not on an actual performance.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Err.. what was the quota for a 100?

Here it was 16 minutes to a mile, which is around walking pace.

I got it in 6:15 or so for free pizza afterwards though, lolol.

But seriously, the standard for the thing here is pretty low, I'd like to know how it is there.
Quote by texico11
Stop being such fools.

It was a stupid move on a schools part, because we know that people are talented in different ways. I'm a sprinter, i can run flat out 100 or 200 faster than just about anyone else in my school, but hell, i run straight for 5 minutes and i'm already puffing.

I don't know how your exams work, but that seems silly to me. At my school we can choose individual sports to participate in and we are grading on our ability in those sports. Like i said, i cant run for a long time, but i'm damn good at sports like tennis, table tennis, cricket and so on.

Finallyl
im glad someone who can actually run see's what im saying
Quote by gnpwdrtreason
but they still failed the kids with asthma, and people who physically cant run

I know a lot of people with asthma who do sports on a very high level, there's medicine you know..

if your going to use the math example, if i kid has a problem he gets help and people are mor lenient

the dumb kid has to learn math, you have to run and exercise! And you don't have to train that much to run more than a mile in 12min..

and it goes against my unalienable rights
life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness
and im happy being fat

there's no right for having good marks, if you want to achieve something, go work for it!
It's completely ethical. That's how PEs been forever. Kids are just getting soft and lazy and so they whine and say it's unfair
No! You pooped your pants and now we all have to leave!