Ouch, that sounds pretty nasal and awful man. Not to burst your bubble like...but I can already hear my chords just fine.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
well thats at full distortion, whitch means theres room for lower smooth sounds...
and theres also no bass added, witch means theres room for a clear bass sound..
im useing a 20$ distortion...
what the ****?! seriously is this some kind of joke?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Well the problem is probably there. I can't really tell how good the pickups sound with those settings.

Anyhow, congratulations on making a pickup, it's a good step to make.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
That's a really unique sound you've made. Is that really on the clean setting? If yeah then that's one fuzzy pickup!

EDIT:

Ah, so you have got it distorted. You should make another video sometime of you playing it clean WITH bass and everything just at a moderate level so we can hear the pickup doing the talking and not your pedal.
Ah, so you have got it distorted. You should make another video sometime of you playing it clean WITH bass and everything just at a moderate level so we can hear the pickup doing the talking and not your pedal.

the reason why I made the pickup is so that you could play a distortid sound and be able to hear what cords you play at the same time.. if you could hear what im playing at full distorson then that means its a very very very clear pickup..
Well it's not bad but it's not good either. It's very different and I could see it being used in some styles, but it seems like its a bit too muddy for some styles.

Anyways, impressive that you built a pickup yourself!
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Yeah but we can tell more about your pickup from it's clean sound than the distorted.

I'm interested as to how you made it, did you do the good old putting a magnet on the fridge and wrapping wire around 2000 times?
well I guess I should have not explaned what I made in a simple way... the science behinde it would tell you that with this kind of pickup you can creat a very clear sound with any tipe of distortid sound... its like mono vs stereo... i made a stereo pickup.. its like a inventing a bord and you just look at the boed and not think... its when you put bords togather witch makes something...

I put this up so I can get options so latter I figure what people want to hear and make a more understanding video...
its made in a very comlicated way... I could go on forever explaneing it...

ha haa yah um my speling is not so good..
Quote by Michael Morales
well I guess I should have not explaned what I made in a simple way... the science behinde it would tell you that with this kind of pickup you can creat a very clear sound with any tipe of distortid sound... its like mono vs stereo... i made a stereo pickup.. its like a inventing a bord and you just look at the boed and not think... its when you put bords togather witch makes something...

I put this up so I can get options so latter I figure what people want to hear and make a more understanding video...

Exactly, my man. It's just like I told my good friend Jesus: I said, "Jesus, Bacon IS a great salad topping". Then, he loaned me his car. Now, I can't stop catfishing!
I really couldnt tell any difference.

Anything through a crap amp and crap effects is still gonna sound like crap.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Exactly, my man. It's just like I told my good friend Jesus: I said, "Jesus, Bacon IS a great salad topping". Then, he loaned me his car. Now, I can't stop catfishing!

Ha haaa well it looks like bacon makes you fish..
the best thing to do is get any distorshon petal or amp with distorshon and play a cord, and hear if you could hear the third string of the cord..

with this pickup you dont have to start on the third string to hear the third string
your going to just hear it... startin on top or bottom..

when you hit any string and hit any othere string after you will be able you hear both without one distorting anothere... well not as band as anyother pickup dose..
hear the last peace of music at the end of the video... im playing open E and hiting
a power cord but you can clearly hear the open E at full distorshon...

When I make another video ill add all those things you guys like to hear..
give me some nots to play and ill play them so that way you may see a difference
from mine and yours...
Last edited by Michael Morales at Sep 8, 2008,
Quote by Michael Morales
the best thing to do is get any distorshon petal or amp with distorshon and play a cord, and hear if you could hear the third string..

with this pickup you dont have to start on the third string to hear the third string
your going to just hear it... startin on top or bottom..

Yeah i can do that on my Mesa with my Ibanez with Dimarzios

My point, good pickups +good amp= great string clarity

good pickups+ bad amp = mush
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
yah I understand... but im not running through a amp... just direct to recorder..
I recorded to a DVD burner... video and sound... it sounds better on a amp..
whin I was playing I was listening to myself off of a TV.
Quote by Arr0wHead

i think that might be sigworthy lmfao

dude its intense that you made your own pickup more people should do that. But tbh i wouldnt put it in my guitar.
Dunno, whatever sound that was ... I think I could immitate it using an expander and a limiter.
Arr02Head...was that a Mitch Hedberg joke? Maybe it's just the way I read it, but it seems like it's in his style.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
dude i make pickups and wind the copper and stuff and use the rare earth magnets to charge them, they are sickkkk way louder and crazier than any other manufactured humbucker, i have to sink them all the way into the body to keep them the same level as the humbuckers the gauge of wire and the number of times you wrap the wire affect tone
I tried to make a signature listing all my gear, but I couldn't for 2 reasons.

1. I couldn't remember all my gear
2. My signature was too long for UG to process.
ok part three... this shows a big difference in sound... ok yah it dosent sound good
on the petal I use so im going to have to get one that suts it well...

in this new video im showing the diffirence of three nots being played and two nots being played... one you cant hear the diffrence from three and two nots being played
the other you can... yah and I know the second dosent go good with that distorshon
but hey im geting new ones that fit it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izymuDXi9J4