Hey guys and girls I have a question for all METAL FANS!!! Do you like New Metal or Old Metal. NEW METAL: Slipknot, Children of Bodem, a7x, and other crap like that. OLD METAL: Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Judas Preist, Slayer, KISS and other great bands. Go ahead and say which kind of metal you love NEW or OLD. P.S I know KISS is more rock and roll but i like them so i put them in anyways.
KISS aren't Rock and Roll. They're Glam Metal. Also, "Old Metal" appears to be a very wide way to define all those bands. "New Metal" is actually called "Nu-Metal". And for the record, Death/Thrash/Black/Power/Speed/NWOBHM/Progressive Metal are all better than Nu-Metal.
newer but more around the lines of Living sacrifice, Soul Embraced, As I Lay Dying, ect.
death metal i guess
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by brentondig
KISS aren't Rock and Roll. They're Glam Metal. Also, "Old Metal" appears to be a very wide way to define all those bands. "New Metal" is actually called "Nu-Metal". And for the record, Death/Thrash/Black/Power/Speed/NWOBHM/Progressive Metal are all better than Nu-Metal.

This dude is too cool for school.

And they both ****in' rock.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Well, Metallica's old stuff is probably the greatest metal that was ever created. But Trivium's new track 'Down From The Sky' makes me realise that they may have the edge now.
Altogether though old metal, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer etc. will always be my favourite.
Rock on!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12