alright so today i just sold my newish fender fm210r, its a combo amp, and it has two inputs on it, and the other jacks are- power in, line out, and footswitch jacks

so i was messing around, and plugged one of my 4x12 cabs into the line out, thinking it would work but for some reason it didn't, and then i didn't really know what the power in was, so i just plugged my cab into it for a second, and then a really loud noise came from the fender combo amp, so i immediately unplugged the amp, but never tried to even play the amp again, by itself, so i didn't know it didn't work at the time

and i try to sell it today, and i plug my guitar into the normal input, and it doesn't make any sound, when i turn it on full, it has that little humming sound, kinda like if nothing was plugged in, but i NEVER tried the second input

but i blamed it on a faulty cord, because i just now remembered that this had happened(i totally thought the amp was in good condition)so the guy bought it anyway, i told him if it didn't work i would refund him

my question is, what happened when i plugged it into the power in, and how much would it be to fix whatever i broke/blew

and is there a chance that the second guitar input works still?!
Power in is for running a Preamp into the amplfier.

Plugging something else in isn't good. You most likely fried caps or something in the power amp.

Solid States are expensive to fix. Read the manual next time.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Sep 8, 2008,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Power in is for running a Preamp into the amplfier.

Plugging something else in isn't good. You most likely fried caps something in the power amp.

Solid States are expensive to fix. Read the manual next time.

/thread.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by herestolife1000
mind explaining to me what specifically caps are?

It's not really important. I was just giving an example. You should call the guy back and fix that faulty amp you sold him.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
capacitors, they store charge. I doubt you blew any of those, if you did you'd know (loud pop from inside the amp, smoke and the such). Anywho, if you did damage something it probably isn't worth fixing since solid states are notoriously expensive to fix.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
so the amp is a "shit **** amp" because you failed?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

hold on. he said he plugged the cab into the power in. that wouldnt do any damage, unless it was a magic speaker cab that generated electricity (before someone gets me on this, I do realise the physics and theory behind using a speaker as a microphone) it wouldntdo anything.

fogive me if i'm wrong, its late at night. i would give the guy a call and let him know you made a genuine mistake.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Your title reminded me of turrets (inside joke for southpark watchers)
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Its not generally a good idea to just randomly plug into the other jacks just to see what will happen. Line out is for a mixer so wont run a cab. Power in is the return from a FX loop. What exactly it would do plugging into them dont know and dont intend on finding out with my amp. But basically you sold the guy a busted amp that would end up being cheaper to buy a new one than fix. So hope you still got the guys cash hes gonna be wanting it back. Maybe you can make a table out of it.
+1 the PWR IN on that Fender Frontman is Effects loop power in.

Agreed the Line Out is more for a mixer.

I've never heard of the FM210 but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The 212 is similar and rated for 100 watts and 8 ohms and has 2 12" speakers rated at 75 watts each. Not sure what the rating of your Cab was but I don't think I would have done that, especially if I wanted to sell it.

best thing you can do is take it back from whomever you sold it to and have a amp tech check the capacitors and such as mentioned. Don't try to do that yourself please. Make sure you get an estimate for any work over a certain amount like $20. Maybe it will be something simple. More likely it is blown because you plugged your cab into some of the other jacks as well. It is prolly now just a box with speakers in it.