Hey Gilbertians.

I thought you guys would totally get a kick out of this thing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=280262574445&Category=33043&_trksid=p3907.m29

It was a prototype model available only in Japan. I think it's rather cool looking.
I like it better than the PGM301.

I was thinking of adding it to my collection. Too bad paypal takes 3 days to transfer funds.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Pretty cool. Most UGer's including me don't have the dough though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
yeh thats awesome if i was loaded i would bid but im not lol. well cool shape
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
nah I wouldn't want it. even though I'm a gilbert fanboy I'm also an upper fret access fanatic.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Hey Gilbertians.

I thought you guys would totally get a kick out of this thing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=280262574445&Category=33043&_trksid=p3907.m29

It was a prototype model available only in Japan. I think it's rather cool looking.
I like it better than the PGM301.

I was thinking of adding it to my collection. Too bad paypal takes 3 days to transfer funds.

PGM700s are nice, but I'd rather go for a regular production model.

Regular 700s sell for around 5 grand (check ibanezrules.com), though, but this one might still go up in price...
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I'm sure it's a quality instrument, but since I tend to hate the look of any shape other than strats and Les Pauls...
Quote by Lemoninfluence
nah I wouldn't want it. even though I'm a gilbert fanboy I'm also an upper fret access fanatic.

Touche.

I want it and I'm not even too in to Gilbert.

It's because it looks like a Viola bass.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It's cool as hell, just because of how rare it is

I think it's probably the pinacle of the PGM family in terms of rarity. Ah well, PGM301 is still fine
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Touche.

I want it and I'm not even too in to Gilbert.

It's because it looks like a Viola bass.

that's my exact reason for wanting one.

I've thought the PGM 700s were sick since seeing Paul do that classical music thing...I'm not a gilbert fanboi by any means; i know like 3 songs of his, but they ARE pretty sweet.
Quote by Kurapica
It's cool as hell, just because of how rare it is

I think it's probably the pinacle of the PGM family in terms of rarity. Ah well, PGM301 is still fine

The PGM301 is great.

I'd love to have a non-reversed headstock though.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The PGM301 is great.

I'd love to have a non-reversed headstock though.

Haha, that's just awkward! That's one of the things I liked most about it >.<

Ah, I'm a sucker for hardtail Ibanez's, there's something cool about them.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Wow, that's freaky. I don't even think I'd want it. But that makes me think, so here's a quick question:

By how much do you think Gilbert's signature would increase the value of my Jackson?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Kurapica
Haha, that's just awkward! That's one of the things I liked most about it >.<

Ah, I'm a sucker for hardtail Ibanez's, there's something cool about them.

Hardtail Ibbys are cool for sure.

^ 1500 bucks is what I would ask.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Hardtail Ibbys are cool for sure.

^ 1500 bucks is what I would ask.

Wow, really? I got it $600 new, and it's a bit...used, one of the knobs has fallen off. I'm surprised Paul didn't make fun of me... >.>
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Wow, really? I got it $600 new, and it's a bit...used, one of the knobs has fallen off. I'm surprised Paul didn't make fun of me... >.>

A signature pretty much doubles the price in my books.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Bonsaischaap
PGM700s are nice, but I'd rather go for a regular production model.

Regular 700s sell for around 5 grand (check ibanezrules.com), though, but this one might still go up in price...

Wait, 5 grand? The regular Paul Gilbert model? Cause there was this asian at camp who had one.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Looks cool.

Looks like it was signed by all the guys from Mr. Big, back in the day of corse. He played this on their music video of Green Tinted 60s Mind.
Guys I dont think you guys get it....this is the prototype model...if its truly the protype model, its either the #2 guitar, or a guitar used by Paul Gilbert, either way....its extremely collectable, and not to mention a fantastic playing guitar. If I had the money I would buy it in an instant.
Quote by Eric 666
Guys I dont think you guys get it....this is the prototype model...if its truly the protype model, its either the #2 guitar, or a guitar used by Paul Gilbert, either way....its extremely collectable, and not to mention a fantastic playing guitar. If I had the money I would buy it in an instant.

The presedent of Ibanez at the time presented it to Gilbert and the band, who signed the guitar.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The presedent of Ibanez at the time presented it to Gilbert and the band, who signed the guitar.

Actually it says on the ad that Paul Gilbert gave the guitar to his tour manager and then the guy sold it...I find that amazing.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

+1 Exactly what I was thinking.

Quote by Eric 666
and not to mention a fantastic playing guitar.

Have you played one?
Quote by False_God
+1 Exactly what I was thinking.

Have you played one?

No but I can imagine, if its anything like the other Paul Gilbert necks...which it should, it should play just like a PGM301, but with a different body shape.
I guess we'll never know.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I like the PGM500 and PGM 90th (the blue one lol) The best That is a damn nice guitar though, i saw him using one in the video of him playing hte 4 seasons.
Item location... Charlotte, North Carolina... Tis where I live... I should go offer the guy $2,500 cash... except I don't have that.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

haha well put
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
I'm absolutely loving this...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by no_thing101
im dissapointed its not a reverse iceman

Well, to be fair, there are only two Reverse Iceman (or Fireman as he calls it) models and they're both owned by Gilbert.

Quote by Eric 666
No but I can imagine, if its anything like the other Paul Gilbert necks...which it should, it should play just like a PGM301, but with a different body shape.

Of course it also has a finished neck.

Quote by Sonicxlover
Wait, 5 grand? The regular Paul Gilbert model? Cause there was this asian at camp who had one.

Well, the regular PGM700 goes for 4 to 5 grand depending on the condition.

The regular PGM301, which is the most commonly available one (and has been for the last few years), goes for around $1400 new.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Unfortunately, a signature adds nearly no value whatsoever, unless the person who signed it is incredibly famous and preferably dead.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!