I removed the TOM bridge in my sg, i'm blacking it out, now I can't seem to get the bushings in the holes, is there a way to do it without spending a los of $$ getting a tool? The bushings are the exact same size as the old ones.
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.
They are generally pressed in. If they were loose enough to drop in with little effort they wouldnt keep the bridge in for long. If you careful you can use a bolt with the correct threads and tap it in with a hammer.
So you have the bushings out and the holes are empty?

Line it up straight, and use a mallet to bang them in... just like the guy above me did.

You generally have to hit them pretty hard... so be careful while you're doing this. You will need to put the stud in the bushing to drive it the last couple of whacks with the hammer. (or you could use something else to prevent possible scratching to the black on your new studs - or pad the stud with a few layers of masking tape)
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Just as a question, how do you take a TOM bushing out?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.