So, I recently joined this band that has been playing for about 3 years, They practice almost every single day.... And its starting to mess up my social life, I haven't been able to go out to the movies, hang out with my friends, go out with my girlfriend and all that other stuff. Also, I start working again in October, which will be almost everyday. I don't know what I should do.... I really want to be in the band cuz i want to get somewhere with my music, but I don't want to leave all my friends behind... What should i do?
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░ It's a-me, Mario!
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
um hang out with your friends when you can not all the time
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Good friends are hard to come by. Stick with your friends, and they'll stick with you when you need them most.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by dgme92
Good friends are hard to come by. Stick with your friends, and they'll stick with you when you need them most.

+ MOTHERFVCKING 1

I wouldn't swap mine for the world...

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Quote by JosephBerger
. I don't know what I should do.... I really want to be in the band cuz i want to get somewhere with my music, but I don't want to leave all my friends behind... What should i do?

looks like you have to decide how much you love music and playing and performing, I know how good it feels to hangout with friends and have fun in that respect, but I also know how good it feels to burn a wheel and jam out with my band for hours, thumping bass, tight drums, and ripping guitars, it doesnt get much better.

my advice is if you really like this band stick with it and make your bandmates your friends and hangout with your girl when you can, if this band isnt fun for you but you still want to play then find a new band!!!
Follow me into the desert as thirsty as you are
I shot my love today would you cry for me
I lost my head again would you lie for me
I left her in the sand just a burden in my hand
I lost my head again would you
Quote by DirtyDeeds
looks like you have to decide how much you love music and playing and performing, I know how good it feels to hangout with friends and have fun in that respect, but I also know how good it feels to burn a wheel and jam out with my band for hours, thumping bass, tight drums, and ripping guitars, it doesnt get much better.

my advice is if you really like this band stick with it and make your bandmates your friends and hangout with your girl when you can, if this band isnt fun for you but you still want to play then find a new band!!!

idk, its not just my friends, but also with work coming up, i dont know if i can, i really really really want to stay in the band, but its just way to time consuming, unlike my last band which i quit to join this one,
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
Tell the band you don't have all that time to practice.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Why not just cut down on amount of practice days so you have enough time for life and music. Practicing every single day isnt really necessary.
surely you have time to do all 3, I've had to juggle a band, college, work and friends before

lots of people also do this, some people have more to throw into the mix, families, other hobbies etc.

this is life, get used to it unfortunatly
Practicing with the band more than 4 times a week is a waste, even 4 is pushing it, I agree with the other guys just cut down the practice time!!
Follow me into the desert as thirsty as you are
I shot my love today would you cry for me
I lost my head again would you lie for me
I left her in the sand just a burden in my hand
I lost my head again would you
Every day? Dude! The band will get old fast to all of you. Like the guy above said, just go for 4 times a week at a push.
well, since i just joined the band i really dont have a major say, but i have to learn about 90 songs and like 3 more every week =(
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
if this is your outlook, leave this band. if you can't be as dedicated as the other members you are wasting their time as well as yours.

you don't want to be in, and they probably don't want you if you can't commit.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
What the hell.
Stop wasting so much time covering songs, and spend maybe a day or two a week
writing songs.