Page 1 of 2
well yesterday i decided to get back into skateboarding so i got a new board and stuff. today i decided to go bomb a hill which i thought i could handle but evidently couldnt. i got about half down it when i lost control of the board, fell, and annialated about half of my left arm with scrapes and whatnot. i guess i was going about 15-20 mph when i fell, so i deffinately "bounced" a little bit

anybody here ever have any really gnarly wipeouts skating or any other sports?
NOPE
Quote by Nakon14
well yesterday i decided to get back into skateboarding so i got a new board and stuff. today i decided to go bomb a hill which i thought i could handle but evidently couldnt. i got about half down it when i lost control of the board, fell, and annialated about half of my left arm with scrapes and whatnot. i guess i was going about 15-20 mph when i fell, so i deffinately "bounced" a little bit

but just to contribute
i came off mah skateboard when i was about 10 and landed on my face
chipped a tooth lol

and i came off my (power rangers) bike when i was about 7 and cut all the way down my leg
Flipped right over on my bike and landed on the concrete with a solid face plant after hoping too soon onto a curb. My face was numb. Got home and my Mom thought I was faking the blood. I was pretty lucky with no real damage or broken stuff though.
If hunting counts I got shot in the face once by my hunting partner whilst we were hunting quail...

...asshole
Music, a steady riot in my soul
dude please, pics
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
I was the crazy one on my skate team, so yeah I've took some pretty gnarly bails.
Like one time, I decided it'd be a cool idea to attempt an ollie off a school, just one story, I landed it, but didn't realise I was hitting a bank, and the board flew out from under me, got pretty beat up!

Quote by drunkenhamster1
If hunting counts I got shot in the face once by my hunting partner whilst we were hunting quail...

...asshole

That's why you never go hunting with Dick Cheney

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Last edited by dancesisidance at Sep 8, 2008,
i wiped out on my skateboard lots of times...you just have to suck it up and enjoy the sport
How bout' no you crazy Dutch Bastard!

You live in the middle of nowhere? THEN BLOW **** UP!

Pretty Heavy and thick??...Sounds like a wasp fucking an Exhaust pipe...Its Rubbish!
not many too bad things from skating

but when i started getting into biking, there were these crappy self-made dirt jumps near-by & i could easily go round 'em all, but got bored & started doing things wrong way round & making them bigger, higher, harder!!

anyway, i tried this one small jump going the wrong way & smashed my front wheel into a wall of the jump & flipped over, scratched up all the left side of my body, bit of my leg, my shoulder & bit of my cheek

hurt like f*ck, but i didnt really feel it all until a minute or two after haha
well i was trying to tre flip on a quarterpipe.

hit my face
- Broken metatarsals. (seven years ago)
- Chipped elbows. (little chips inside move around freely - can't put much weight on elbow without being in pain)
- Countless hip injuries.
- Fucked up wrists.
- Fucked up lower back from some gnarly falls (recurring injury )
- Occasional scrapes, bruises, etc.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Skating injuries?
Broken wrist,
Broken both my ankles at least once,
Dislocated right knee,
Dislocated left arm,
Dislocated shoulder...

I was grinding a handrail once and lost balance, slid about 15 feet (yeah I was grinding fast - the way you're meant to on rollerblades ) mainly on my arm and got a sweet double scar on my right arm - two scars about 7 inches long parallel with one another It's mainly faded now and you can only see a bit of one

Every time I bend my legs/ankles now they click every time haha
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Rollerbladers are ghey.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Rollerbladers are ghey.

Okay
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by Yngwi3
Okay

I'm glad you agree.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
This didn't happen to me but I was there to see the carnage.

3 friends of mine were long boarding down an epic hill. It seemed like they had it and they were hauling ass towards the bottom. All of a sudden they all wipe out at the same exact time. To here one of the tell it, he said that as he was speeding up he saw friend #1 wobble out and eat it just in time to feel his board start to wobble. But of course, by the time he really felt the wobble the board was out from underneath him and he was flying. Luckily, he was considerate enough to tuck and roll, but there was still lots of blood. Friend #2 bailed right after my friend did. It was pretty funny.
Quote by darkstar2466
I'm glad you agree.

Don't agree, just heard it so many times before it bounces off me
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

I fell over playing rugby once.

It was like, ownage.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by Yngwi3
Don't agree, just heard it so many times before it bounces off me

I understand your pain, but it was you who chose that path, and you must duly suffer for it.

So I assume you told your parents that you are ghey?

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
I understand your pain, but it was you who chose that path, and you must duly suffer for it.

So I assume you told your parents that you are ghey?

Haha I tried skateboarding, once. Got okay, could ollie, pop and occasionally kickflip but that was about it. Skating bought a whole new aspect into the scheme of things, I could be far more creative and have immense amounts of fun with things most people would completely let their eyes glide over.
It was a good feeling Watching Chris Farmer skate the longest, most kinked rail in the world was like "woooah"
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Some thing happened to me except i was on rollerblades(dont worry i was like 8)

fell off my dirtbike in my driveway, said goodbye to all the skin on the back of my arm from my shoulder to my wrist.

Also i once stabbed myself in the foot with a Lord of the Rings sword. Went all the way through.....true story...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Once i was just rippin' down this hill, popped over a manhole. little did i know that there were bits of gravel on the other side. so i just ****in' popped an ollie, my skate flew out from under me cus of the gravel and i smoked my back and my head. got me some pretty gnarley road rash and a sore head for few days. gnarliest bail i ever had.

PS - fruitbooting's gay. why would they call it fruitbooting?
Dude, bombing a hill isn't worth it!

What you seriously want to do is bomb someone like.. Kerry Katona, or Abi Titmuss.
Or any of the other slappers.
Quote by bendystraw
I go down on one knee and do that shit cello style

Quote by Nakon14

Yeah, I ripped the skin off my right leg on the right side of it.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
i broke my arm and had rods drilled into my forearm(sp?). i got them out and they are currently hanging on my wall.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I didn't happen to me, but when my dad was younger he decided to tie a rope to his brothers bike, hold onto it and skateboard behind it as he went down a hill. Now, he did think this through and decided he should tie the rope to his wrist so that he doesnt let go or anything. What he didn't think about is that he may WANT to let go. He then fell, and could not get off the rope and was consequently dragged along the pavement and over train tracks.
I don't remember the injuires, but it's still pretty funny.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
omg not an arm scrape, thats the worst kind of scrape!

you have obviously never experienced the dick scrape.
ecery time you get a boner it burns like a mother
Quote by itchy guitar
i broke my arm and had rods drilled into my forearm(sp?). i got them out and they are currently hanging on my wall.

That, my friend, is the most metal thing I have heard all day.

Horns up.

On topic, Skater boy, "Jayboy" is flying down his hill, carving it like it's snow, and does a switch!

"Yay!"

berts back to goofy!

"Yeah!"

Sees car...... Ollies!...off the windsheild!.. into mailbox...

"Owned!!"
GTFO my sig
Quote by drunkenhamster1

...asshole

You, sir, win.
Why does this sound like BS...
I dunno..

My friend was on a crappy board and ran into this huge ass ford truck, and shattered his knee cap.. I should send the video in for SCARRED
Well i skateboard and i've fractured/broken all of my fingers, some numerous times
i've dislocated my elbows and shoulders, my ankles are dead and so are my heels

my friend though this summer was skitching the back of the kids bike (he had a few drinks in him but idk if he was sober at the time) got bad speed wobbles, jumped off his board, ran and slid on his face, he had to get his two front teeth removed and he was covered in scars, he had one above his lip that made him look like hitler
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Nakon14

Dude if you were going 15-20 mph youd have more than just "arm scrapes". i should know. once i was flying down a super steep hill and i hit a pothole and flew off the board (going maybe 10 mph) and i tore CHUNKS of skin out of the palm of my hand and my knees. the gashes were about a half an inch deep.

but thats nothing compared to my other skating wounds. my knees, ankles, back and wrists are completely screwed. my ankles got "sand" i guess you can call it because my ankle joint bones grind together. eventually ill need to have surgery to scrape it out before too much "sand" builds up. my back constantly aches. my knees sometimes just give out and also ache and my wrists hurt and sound like rice cispies cereal in milk if i put too much pressure on them and move. (doing push-ups are pretty painful for instance) all from just skating. sadly i can skate no more.
Page 1 of 2