mrxtreme_4
... ... ...
1,607 IQ
I have yet to try either of them, but I'm looking to get a new amp close to a recto sound and these amps have both been known to produce similar sounds. And even though I like that sound I would also like to know which amp in general is better.

Opinions, thoughts experiences please...Thanks
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Ghold125
(")O.o(")
658 IQ
the 333xl is more based one the peavey jsx/xxx/ultra
but the b-52 is more rectifier-ish, if i had the choice i would have gotten the 333xl but i didnt have the money...
TheEsupremacy
Registered Loser
1,661 IQ
Didn't B-52 discontinue the ATA's? I know our GC stopped carrying them. I'm sure some can still be had new though.
qotsa1998
815 IQ
Bugera. You can switch between 6l6 and el34 tubes, so you can get alot of different tones.
mrxtreme_4
... ... ...
1,607 IQ
ok what about cleans?
Gear:
Line6 UX2
TheEsupremacy
Registered Loser
1,661 IQ
Quote by mcrfobtai
The Bugera is better for a modern high gains sound but the B-52 is more versitile.

I think they are about even really. The 333 series is pretty versitle. The 6XXX series maybe not so much.
mcrfobtai
Hates mcr, fob and tai
489 IQ
I don't really know the difference between the different Bugeras. I just liked the lower gain and clean sounds of the B-52 more.
TheEsupremacy
Registered Loser
1,661 IQ
Quote by mcrfobtai
I don't really know the difference between the different Bugeras. I just liked the lower gain and clean sounds of the B-52 more.

I heard 'em once (B-52 ATA's) but it's been over a year, I vaugely remember I wanted the amp but couldn't afford it so i'll just give you this one.
mrxtreme_4
... ... ...
1,607 IQ
hmmmm...sounds like these amps are pretty even. I guess I'll just have to wait till I try them out myself, thanks everyone
Gear:
Line6 UX2
TheEsupremacy
Registered Loser
1,661 IQ
Quote by mrxtreme_4
hmmmm...sounds like these amps are pretty even. I guess I'll just have to wait till I try them out myself, thanks everyone

You live in Canada, what about a Traynor?? Arn't those fairly affordable since they are manufactured there? Those can sound pretty killer...
Sendrith
official Adrian Smith fan
997 IQ
not high gain at all
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
mrxtreme_4
... ... ...
1,607 IQ
Quote by TheEsupremacy
You live in Canada, what about a Traynor??

Quote by Sendrith
not high gain at all

Quote by mcrfobtai
Yeah, the traynor won't get those recto sounds

Exactly. Not to say that traynors aren't good, they're actually great for cleans and have awesome classic rock crunch, but I'd probably have to get some pedals to get the sound I want and in the end it would cost more than the bugera or the b-52
Gear:
Line6 UX2
TheEsupremacy
Registered Loser
1,661 IQ
I played through a YCS or YSC 50 that got a good solid marshall sounding distortion. The modern channel was a tad towards the Mesa tone. But yeah, I guess Recto wasn't it's particular flavor overall. Sorry, just a suggestion.
mrxtreme_4
... ... ...
1,607 IQ
Yeah I tried ycs to, it got closer to a recto/modern high gain sound than the ycv's, but it still didn't really do it. But thanks for mentioning it, every post helps.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
TheEsupremacy
Registered Loser
1,661 IQ
Quote by mrxtreme_4
Yeah I tried ycs to, it got closer to a recto/modern high gain sound than the ycv's, but it still didn't really do it. But thanks for mentioning it, every post helps.

No problem! I thought it was at least worth a mention. Have you played a Peavey VYPYR yet? The 120 watt vavle version might make you smile. It's not out yet, but it will be in the next month or so. I have the 75 ss version, and wow, I LOVE this amp. If that's not at all your thing, it's cool. I'm just trying to give you ideas.
mrxtreme_4
... ... ...
1,607 IQ
peavey vypr? I've heard that alot around ug lately. Just checked it out on musicians friend and it looks like a killer amp...but its a modelling amp, which I have and is the reason I want to sell it. It just has too many tones I don't need (my flextone btw). But thanks again!
Gear:
Line6 UX2
TheEsupremacy
Registered Loser
1,661 IQ
Quote by mrxtreme_4
peavey vypr? I've heard that alot around ug lately. Just checked it out on musicians friend and it looks like a killer amp...but its a modelling amp, which I have and is the reason I want to sell it. It just has too many tones I don't need (my flextone btw). But thanks again!

Right on. Worth a shot.
Highwaytohell
Motorhead'll do ur mum
3,347 IQ
Bugera is more versatile than the B52
at least a 333xl is... more gain than you could need and great crunch and cleans.
Soul Eater
A God Among Men
846 IQ
Which of these two do you think can do extreme/modern metal the best?
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Exo M7
king, dead - long life.
1,497 IQ
I would say B-52 just for the reliability factor, most Bugeras I've seen have poor build quality.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
mike.h
not really mike.h
1,888 IQ
Quote by Exo M7
I would say B-52 just for the reliability factor, most Bugeras I've seen have poor build quality.

It's only due to the poor powertubes they send. They tend to fail and take the fuse down with them.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
hcsn2008
UG Newbie
501 IQ
bugera by far. I'm interested in how my bugera will sound will 6l6's in it. Still got el 34's
hcsn2008
UG Newbie
501 IQ
yeah youll never need all the gain on the 333xl. I got mine barely up... I mean like on 3 1/2 with a bad monkey boosting it. And its totally saturated in gain.
Soul Eater
A God Among Men
846 IQ
Sweet.
Online I can't really tell the difference between the two, but I'll try them out in a store eventually.

I was originally planning on the Bugera 333xl but I went on an amp hunt to make sure I was getting the best.

The b-52 is like $150 cheaper than the 333xl as I can't find either used.
How are the 333xl cleans compared to this vid?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH6piq3ZC0g
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
mike.h
not really mike.h
1,888 IQ
Quote by Soul Eater
Sweet.
Online I can't really tell the difference between the two, but I'll try them out in a store eventually.

I was originally planning on the Bugera 333xl but I went on an amp hunt to make sure I was getting the best.

The b-52 is like $150 cheaper than the 333xl as I can't find either used.
How are the 333xl cleans compared to this vid?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH6piq3ZC0g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_MUWSiPRiM

The B-52 is overrated imo.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Soul Eater
A God Among Men
846 IQ
Hopefully my GC carries Bugera's, I know they don't online.
I wanted to compare the two side by side.
I'm pretty sure I'm going with the 333xl just from all the research I've done on a list of amps.
But tone is subjective, so you never know.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
mike.h
not really mike.h
1,888 IQ
I dont think GC carries Bugera, unfortunately. I know for sure that Sam Ash does.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Soul Eater
A God Among Men
846 IQ
I went on Bugera's dealers site, and my specific Guitar Center is listed as one of their dealers.
But my GC kinda sucks. The have every size Marshall MG/Spider III for play and some Vox/Crate amps.
That's it. I know they stock more, but never playable, but then again I never ask about them either.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Demigawd
54 IQ
The Guitar Center near me is listed too, but they don't have any Bugera in the store and most of them don't even know what it is.
Soul Eater
A God Among Men
846 IQ
Does it happen to be the Nashua, NH one?
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
mike.h
not really mike.h
1,888 IQ
Quote by Soul Eater
I went on Bugera's dealers site, and my specific Guitar Center is listed as one of their dealers.
But my GC kinda sucks. The have every size Marshall MG/Spider III for play and some Vox/Crate amps.
That's it. I know they stock more, but never playable, but then again I never ask about them either.

It just lists Behringer distributors. There was a pro audio store listed when I used it :/
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Demigawd
54 IQ
Quote by Soul Eater
Does it happen to be the Nashua, NH one?

Nope Davenport, IA.
hcsn2008
UG Newbie
501 IQ
Guitar center should be getting them soon. Not sure why they don't yet. They carry behringer products. Trust me they'll get them. If theres anything to be made money they will get them.
Soul Eater
A God Among Men
846 IQ
This is good, since I may have to return the amp, and I don't really want to return it through the internet.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater