So i just went down to my local guitar shop and I was hoping to just get a cheap little beginner guitar for around 100-150 dollars. Well after playing a couple and listenin to the guy talk about them I got lured in to puttin money down on a 270 dollar fender. Its a fender cd-60ce acoustic/electric. I was just wonderin if anyone had any experience with this guitar or wants to say anything about it?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN960605
It's definitely not a guitar you want to put $270 on. It's made of laminate for one, and secondly, it's a Fender. Fender acoustics aren't great. They're Ok. But is that what you want? just an "OK" guitar? heck no. You can get some really decent guitars for $270.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
since its almost the exact same topic

ive been looking at a fender california series acoustic (the one with the strat headstock)

I , being a newfound fender junkie(as far as electric goes) think its visually appealing , and ive seen good reveiws

but ,

just to be cautious , does anyone have one of these , prehaps an educated opinion or two?
I know its all laminate but the guy there said that would help keep it from defects from weathering? is that true?

EDIT! I forgot it comes with a hardshell case as well
^ Laminate is less affected by changes in weather than solid wood. Not really better protected from defects though.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by slidething31
^ Laminate is less affected by changes in weather than solid wood. Not really better protected from defects though.

sorry thats what i mean
Quote by SeanNapier
since its almost the exact same topic

ive been looking at a fender california series acoustic (the one with the strat headstock)

I , being a newfound fender junkie(as far as electric goes) think its visually appealing , and ive seen good reveiws

but ,

just to be cautious , does anyone have one of these , prehaps an educated opinion or two?

Could you please tell me where you've seen good reviews? I ask because I am also interested in the Kingman SCE, but I've found very few online reviews, and people here generally say that Fender acoustics are pretty sub par.
Quote by Waugh985
I know its all laminate but the guy there said that would help keep it from defects from weathering? is that true?

laminate is definitely more durable, but it also sounds like crap most of the time. There are companies like Seagull who make excellent laminates, but that's because they use solid wood to make those laminates. In fact, I havent even heard of another company making good laminates besides Seagull, they all just use crappy plywood in their laminates. Seriously, don't bother with all laminate guitars. Try to go for at least a solid top.
Equipment:

Quote by SneakySneaky
Could you please tell me where you've seen good reviews? I ask because I am also interested in the Kingman SCE, but I've found very few online reviews, and people here generally say that Fender acoustics are pretty sub par.

The reviews i read were on musicians friend

though the only experience i have with fender acoustics is a 12 string i played at a music store and afew i chose randomly off the wall

fenders are good for me

but my opinion may be less intricate than others
i have played an older sloid-yop fender acoustic model and it aounded gr8, but as for a laminate...idk what to tell you, but dont not get it just becuz of the big misconseption about fender acoustics being bad. thats a myth
Pot
Kettle
Black
I find with bottom line fender acoustics they sound preety nice.. but are just horrible to play
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by A Rolling Stone
i have played an older sloid-yop fender acoustic model and it aounded gr8, but as for a laminate...idk what to tell you, but dont not get it just becuz of the big misconseption about fender acoustics being bad. thats a myth

where's the misconception? they're not bad, they're ok. the older fenders are probably better too. the problem is that they're bad compared to the other guitars you could get for the exact same price.
Equipment:

Quote by Waugh985

Sorry, i think that no matter what the (small) benefit is to having a laminate guitar (especially without a solid top), it's not worth sacrificing for the tone. i believe almost everyone on UG will agree with that.

now, of course your fender might sound okay to you, and if it's truly the tone you want, then keep it. but if you aren't completely satisfied with it then send it back and take a look at the guitars in that link i posted earlier. the guy there sounds like he was pressuring you to buy the fender.

solid guitars are louder and better sounding. chances are they will also be constructed much better.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Seems fairly pricey, just been searching for an electro-acoustic and found that guitar for £120...

If your satisfied with it by all means keep it.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!