duh i know this is a versus thread but whatever. whats the big difference between a bugera 333xl vs a peavey xxx beacuse they seem almost identical in my opinion besides the price (the bugera is seriusly half the price).

dont bash bugera because they are owned by behringer. i talked to the people at bugera via email and they said that bugera's are no where near similar to the construction of behringer, the only similarity are a few papers with signatures (called contracts for some of you who have a clue) that make bugera popular thru behringer but behringer must keep the construction to the liking of bugera.

btw, im getting either a 212 or a half stack. i prefer half stack cuz i can just change the cabs and heads around a bit when if i wana.

the peavey seems nice but if theyres a replica thats like half the price then thats awesome. just because its made in aisia land dosent mean squat to me.

anyways, whats ur opinion on the amps?
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
I really dig the Peavey Triple X. Killer amp. I've never heard the 333XL in person. But I did own a 6262 head and cab. that I really liked. It sounded real close to the 5150. You really need to A/B those amps together to decide though. FWIW, I ended up getting the 6505 and parting with the Bugera.
The bugeras have reliability issuses, peavey track record is proven and is very good, they make some of the toughest gear around. Look into going used, the other guitarest in my band just scored one the 60 watt triple xxx combos in near mint condish. off ebay for $450 shipped. The heads go for 500-750, for that price no has any excuse to go with the bugera.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by Johnbryant
The bugeras have reliability issuses, peavey track record is proven and is very good, they make some of the toughest gear around. Look into going used, the other guitarest in my band just scored one the 60 watt triple xxx combos in near mint condish. off ebay for $450 shipped. The heads go for 500-750, for that price no has any excuse to go with the bugera.

I wish I could find that good of a deal on a Triple X combo. I'd like one to pair up with my 6505, that covers quite a few miles of tones right there. For now, I'll have to settle for the XXX model on my Vypyr, it's pretty close actually. But still doesn't replace those tubes.
dude, like 20 people are gettin rid of slightly used peavy xxx's for like 500 check em out. im really thinking bout that cuz 1. its a better amp 2. the people on UG sell em for dirt cheap no matter how used they are 3. the speakers and tubes are already exactly what i want, same with build.

anyways. is it possible for me to hook that head up to the combo? my main question hasnt been answered yet
GAS list...
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Quote by xFinnellx

anyways. is it possible for me to hook that head up to the combo? my main question hasnt been answered yet

Yes, but most likly you will have to do a little rewireing to get a long enough speaker cable to to reach the head, its really not all that hard, Some combos actually plug into the amp, so if thats the case for you it would be even easier.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
sweet, thank you, ill ask sum tech guys to help me out with that. i would really not be happy if i messed sumthing up with the amp.
GAS list...
PGM 301