Hi, I don't play bass, but I have a friend in need. She recently purchased a 5 string bass, and it was tuned BEADG, but she wanted it in Eb standard with a high Bb but when she tried the highest string broke. What string gauge should she be using for this?
Quote by smb
Surely you mean a high B?

If she wants to tune it like a guitar in Eb but missing a string, let her; why stop her? But TS, buy a back of 6 string bass strings and discard the low B. Use the E, A, D, G, and C strings and downtune accordingly. You might need a new nut though.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
If she wants to tune it like a guitar in Eb but missing a string, let her; why stop her?
I'm not stopping anyone do anything. I just asked a question.
:O
..........a girl with a five string

[composes self]

Quote by Your41Plague12
If she wants to tune it like a guitar in Eb but missing a string, let her; why stop her? But TS, buy a back of 6 string bass strings and discard the low B. Use the E, A, D, G, and C strings and downtune accordingly. You might need a new nut though.

this is the best idea, though they do make string packs for a five string that the extra is high rather than the conventional low (usually says high C somewhere on the pack) tho they are rather hard to find
a girl? playing bass?

ts you're a blatant liar
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
a girl? playing bass?

ts you're a blatant liar

this. women don't even listen to music, tis a mans domain.

you could use regular gauge 6 string, as suggested. I might suggest slightly thicker ones?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom