Page 1 of 2
I am 14 and only got like 80 bucks right now (just bought a new guitar) and I wanted a new pedal either a Morley Bad Horsie Wah-Wah Pedal or a Digitech Grunge Distortion Pedal??????
Guitars:
Squier Strat (Bad Larry)
'79 Dean V (James)
Ibanez Talman Acoustic (Black Betty)
if u are getting a wah get a dunlop crybaby
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens
Abuline acoustic
Yamaha acoustic
Ibanez GRG 170DX
Peavy Rage 158
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss DS-1
Well what do you need more, a more rock/metal-ish sound or a good tool for solos and such?
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
really a good tool for solos but a new distortion pedal would be good too. o and i'd get a crybaby but i used both pedals and i really thought that the morley was better.
Guitars:
Squier Strat (Bad Larry)
'79 Dean V (James)
Quote by Highwaytohell
Sell a bunch of that moddeling stuff (RP250 and Digitech grunch) and get a good boost pedal.

+ a lot
i'm not a 100% sure what a boost pedal does but i think it just boosts the volume, tell me if im wrong.
Guitars:
Squier Strat (Bad Larry)
'79 Dean V (James)
Quote by Millsenator
i'm not a 100% sure what a boost pedal does but i think it just boosts the volume, tell me if im wrong.

Some give a dB boost to increase the volume. There are also some basic gain boosts.
o ok
Guitars:
Squier Strat (Bad Larry)
'79 Dean V (James)
thanks but no noe really helped me decide between the wah or the distortion.
Guitars:
Squier Strat (Bad Larry)
'79 Dean V (James)
go for the wah, personally i think the crybabys in that range are great, but if you prefer the other one its your money.

Edit: those distortion pedals arent that good, your amps distortion is probably better, what kind of amp do you have actually?

either way, still, wah is probably a better buy.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
well i have 3 amps a krank 150watt, marahall 100watt, and a Roland cube for recording and practice.
Guitars:
Squier Strat (Bad Larry)
'79 Dean V (James)
Randy Rhoads tribute stack
Guitars:
Squier Strat (Bad Larry)
'79 Dean V (James)
Quote by Millsenator
well i have 3 amps a krank 150watt, marahall 100watt, and a Roland cube for recording and practice.

im guessing the marshall is an MG? Either way the krank and roland have great distortion, and if you just want to switch between clean and distortion you can get a foot switch cheaper(better buy too).

Go for the wah, the crybabys(and apparently the one you are after) are of great quality compared to those distortion pedals.

Edit: wrong on the marshall, your amps are pretty good, and they come with good distortion so I recommend you do the above, get the wah.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
i meant that my roland's distortion sucks and thats what i use to record
Guitars:
Squier Strat (Bad Larry)
'79 Dean V (James)
thanks bowie i think i'll get that footswitch too.
Guitars:
Squier Strat (Bad Larry)
'79 Dean V (James)
Quote by Millsenator
thanks bowie i think i'll get that footswitch too.

the pedal you mentioned wont be much better than roland cube's distortion, ive played them both, just yesterday in fact.

But yeah, footswitch and wah is what you should do.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
o well i had heard from people that the grunge pedal was good but now that i think of it they use fender amps so im sure that the grunge kicks the fender distortion's ass.
Guitars:
Squier Strat (Bad Larry)
'79 Dean V (James)
Quote by Millsenator
o well i had heard from people that the grunge pedal was good but now that i think of it they use fender amps so im sure that the grunge kicks the fender distortion's ass.

yeah, your probably right seeing

a good fender amp = cleans
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
yeah...what do you play? Guitar Bass... What Amps?
Guitars:
Squier Strat (Bad Larry)
'79 Dean V (James)
I play guitar, although i play my friends bass from time to time.

I used to play on my brothers line 6 spider III (terrible I know)

I got a Line6 Valve 112 40w yesterday though, I paid half, my dad paid the other half as a birthday present(early too so kickass). I dont see anything wrong with these, the presets are still not that great, but thats why you can edit them, the cleans are much improved because its all tube.

Granted you probably have nicer equipment than mine, but thats what I play.

Oh and my guitar is an epiphone G-400, i did have a crappy squier but that finally decided that it didnt want to work anymore.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
the wah, no contest.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
o cool my neighbor got the epiphone g-400 yesterday. I had a squier strat that i converted into a bass (my friends old bass guitar parts that i adjusted on my guitar) a dean v a six-string nylon acoustic and a 12-string steel string acoustic. For My birthday in a couple week my dad said he is going to buy me the jimmy page double neck sg (Gibson not Epiphone) its gonna kick ass on the marshall stack.
Guitars:
Squier Strat (Bad Larry)
'79 Dean V (James)
troll ? haha
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Millsenator
o cool my neighbor got the epiphone g-400 yesterday. I had a squier strat that i converted into a bass (my friends old bass guitar parts that i adjusted on my guitar) a dean v a six-string nylon acoustic and a 12-string steel string acoustic. For My birthday in a couple week my dad said he is going to buy me the jimmy page double neck sg (Gibson not Epiphone) its gonna kick ass on the marshall stack.

Damn, I wish I had the kind of money for one of those, even though I dont really need a 12 string.

Id like to see pics of that squier strat bass if you have any, sounds like a nice project.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
yeah i was gonna make a thread of the build on here but my camera broke and i havent gotten a new one
Guitars:
Squier Strat (Bad Larry)
'79 Dean V (James)
Quote by Millsenator
yeah i was gonna make a thread of the build on here but my camera broke and i havent gotten a new one

ahh too bad, less you can use a camera phone or something you'll have to start a thread on that once you get to use a working camera.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
yeah i'll try to take pictures from my phone but i cant now because my phones dead
Guitars:
Squier Strat (Bad Larry)
'79 Dean V (James)
oh alright, well i hope i helped out some, im tired so im off to bed.

later TS
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Millsenator, you are either a troll, or one rich-ass little SOB.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I'm wondering what a 70's classic is half stack.. One that looks suspiciously like a Mode Four. Also wondering why your profile says you're 20. Trolling is fun sometimes. But when you actually need help and the truth comes out, like now... You're fecked.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Sep 9, 2008,
Quote by classicrocker01
Millsenator, you are either a troll, or one rich-ass little SOB.

Could be either, but pics sure would clear the whole thing up. Funny how the phone still isn't charged, AND the camera is broken. My money is on BS...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
the only decent amp your profile "says" you have is a marshall 70s stack but you put a pic of a mode four, which was created in the 90s. i smell BS

if thats the case i suggest saving your money for an amp a little better than a Roland Cube you got there.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by maiden_mexico
the only decent amp your profile "says" you have is a marshall 70s stack but you put a pic of a mode four, which was created in the 90s. i smell BS

Note the comment I made on that pic a few weeks ago.
I smell it too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Page 1 of 2