Ok so ive been playing for awhile and thought i understood bending. I thought bending meant bending the note to a certain pitch, ex. 7b(9) bend that note up to the one in parenthesis.

Recently my sister moved back home and she has been playing guitar considerably longer so i asked if it was supposed to be difficult. I showed her what i considered bending and she said no i had it all wrong that i was supposed to bend the string up and then do i slide to the indicated note. So now im confused trying to learn my first few solos and dont know what im supposed to do.
No, you're right. She's wrong.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
No, shes wrong. I believe that's just a variation of a bend, I would guess it's called a bend slide.
you're right, she's wrong
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
perhaps if she is a pretty skilled guitarist, as you seem to infer she is, she could be refering to the particular way to bend in the context of the song. but unless she was showing you how to actually play a song i agree your right shes wrong
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build