Well, my V18 is in the mail, so "technically" I dont have it yet, but c'mon, ill have it in 1-2 days . So, I like all the tones the V18 gives, it obviously doesn't give me metal. So which dist/overdrive pedal would fit this style of metal the best:

Black Label Society, Metallica, Motorhead, Sabbath, so pretty much within the "Traditional Heavey Metal" range. Also some progressive/power metal.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

tube screamer, might want to pick up a noise suppressor (if i may, i suggest the boss ns-2)
Also, I was recomended a VS Jeckll and Hyde, would that be good?
Quote by Le_Bunny

Quote by mcrfobtai
It actually can get some pretty good thrash tones on it's own. Use an OD as a boost to really get it there.

Not being rude, but thats why I asked (what OD)
Quote by Le_Bunny

Quote by (Metal)lica
Not being rude, but thats why I asked (what OD)

Ahh, sorry man. Ibanez TS9, Ts808, maxon OD9 and OD808, as well as the Fulltone OCD are great choices. If you are on a budget, Digitech Bad Monkey or TS7. I personally recommend the OCD or the OD9. Maxon originally created the Tubescreamer and their OD9 is a clone of the original 808. Damn nice OD. And, if you have 180 bucks to spare the OCD is absolutly amazing.
Quote by mcrfobtai
Ahh, sorry man. Ibanez TS9, Ts808, maxon OD9 and OD808, as well as the Fulltone OCD are great choices. If you are on a budget, Digitech Bad Monkey or TS7. I personally recommend the OCD or the OD9. Maxon originally created the Tubescreamer and their OD9 is a clone of the original 808. Damn nice OD. And, if you have 180 bucks to spare the OCD is absolutly amazing.

I only paid $120 for my new in the box OCD. Where on earth do you live??
What eq would you recommend? Ive been looking at the Mxr 6 band
Quote by Le_Bunny

Is there a BIG difference in quality, because those are 2 completely different price ranges
Quote by Le_Bunny

Quote by TheEsupremacy
I only paid $120 for my new in the box OCD. Where on earth do you live??

NYC. Maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places.
I bought an el-cheapo Behringer BO100 (purple colored blues overdrive) to try on my V18

Unplugged my TS9 and am using BO100 now. No midrange hump, same grind.

Guess I could have had my TS9 modded to cut the mids.

WTF?

Also

Change the tubes in the V18 immediately. The Sovteks suck. JJ's are good for both pre and power tubes. EH golds are really good pre amp. Tung Sol reissue is the shit for more grind.

If you can afford NOS, then you wouldn't play a V18 in the first place, so don't bother posting all this stuff about tubes that cost more than the amp. I'm talking new tubes that sound good. Not great, but much better than stock tubes that I think they fished out of the reject bin.
Hello?

Rat anyone?
I made this thread 10 days ago guys <.<
Quote by Le_Bunny

Last edited by (Metal)lica at Sep 19, 2008,
Quote by (Metal)lica
I made this thread 10 days ago guys <.<

Dammit.

What'd ya get?
Quote by imgooley
Dammit.

What'd ya get?

Well, my amp came, and I'm thinking about the MI Audio Tube Zone
Quote by Le_Bunny

^Try a Rat with it, just for lulz.
Why would that induce lulz?
Quote by Le_Bunny

Quote by teh dickshinary
Entry- For teh lulz (pronunciation: fər, (ˈfȯr/thə/ləl-z)
Definition- 1. For the sake of humor 2. To induce a state of hilarity 3. For no reason whatsoever, so STFU n00b and doit.

I believe it's the third definition that I am using.
Bad Monkey for OD unless you can afford a Hughes and Kettner Tube Factor. Then a Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ, and if you're still not happy with the distortion a Metal Muff. If that combo can't get you metal, nothing will.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales