What do all you pit fellows think of a band consisting of all 14 year old kids? Do you think they have the musical talent to be productive? I for one can give or take most of the really young acts that i hear because i just cant hear the talent at all. Me and my buddy were having a debate on this so i just wanted another opinion.
Depends on the kids.

Any age group can be talented, just not taken seriously.

EDIT: Or this happens.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Unless anyone hears the talent they actually have, no one can answer this. You can't base talent off age, dumbass.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
I organized a benefit music festival and this one band played that consisted mainly of 15 year olds . . . except for the kid who played the 5-string bass.

He could sing all of the upper harmonies because his balls hadn't dropped yet. Of course, I am sure that puberty hit him like a pile of bricks.
Well, you have to start somewhere.

I'm sure you guys thought you were the shit at 14, too.

We're all in the gutter, but I'm looking at the rats.
Well look how young the Beatles started out. Any band could start young and become great. The earlier, the better, in some cases.
Quote by Just Andrew
Depends on the kids.

lol at the first comment!

lucky529 (13 minutes ago)
dude.
somebody just give the kid a ****ing wii so he quits this.

I think I saw them on iTunes...
Hey Andrew, as much as i love Morrison there was no need to be a prick, and you can base talent off of age because if you have a 5 year old with all the "talent" in the world but he/she hasnt had the time to build off of it, it wont work out. 14 is a little different but no one is ever at full potential so that young would just be a head start in my opinion

anyway,
the best young band ive ever heard would have to be these kids that i met at a local show around Pittsburgh
you can be the judge of them, recording quality is iffy, but not too bad i guess
Court IV
didnt the descendents form at that age, they are awesome!
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Get It Done
Hey Andrew, as much as i love Morrison there was no need to be a prick,

That was one of the rare times where I'm not acting like a prick.

I'm also not talking about a bloody 5 year old. The general idea of a 12 year old will never be taken seriously because of his/her age, even if he/she is as talented as the professionals.

Yes, you're always learning, though.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
This band did a great job at covering freebird and theyre all fifteen, except for the guy on lead guitar who was 17 i think... They played it at out variety show. The kid who's singing and played rhythm was having amp troubles, so its really loud in the beginning, but a kid ran out and turned it down, so just ignore that first 30 seconds... The kid playing lead nailed the solos, the crowd went crazy so it's kinda hard to hear it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ-Iq0gZFus
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
Quote by Just Andrew
Depends on the kids.

that video makes me not want to get a telecaster anymore
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
Everyone needs to start somewhere. If you're 14, don't expect to be the next Zeppelin in a week. Just being in a band at a young age offers valuable experiences that will help when you start to join full-time bands.
Quote by Just Andrew

That was one of the rare times where I'm not acting like a prick.

I'm also not talking about a bloody 5 year old. The general idea of a 12 year old will never be taken seriously because of his/her age, even if he/she is as talented as the professionals.

Yes, you're always learning, though.

+4.6
Quote by Just Andrew
Depends on the kids.

WHAT IS THIS? I DON'T EVEN......
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
I believe Tom Kalnoky of Catch-22 and Streetlight was 15 when he started Gimp, and they were actually pretty good for a Jersey punk band made of kids who do not shave and sing songs about Mrs. Butterworth and her Indestructible Bomb Shelter.

Its all a question of if the vocal chords are built up yet or not.
They can be good or they can be bad, it depends.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
These kids are 15 and I like to think they are pretty good.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.