Coming this christmas I will be purchasing a new geetar. I am contemplating between my two favorite brands, ESP and Jackson. I am looking for some personal feedback on both of these brands. Things like durability, quality, bang for the buck, etc... I am looking to spend around the $1000 range , my LP is not satisfying all of my metal needs. I will most likely go with something that has active pups.

thanks,

jake.
well that's kinda broad...do you want a trem? do you prefer the body shape? and what's your current gear right now?
I have one of each, although lower end than what you would be getting for $1000. That being said i really prefer the ESP over the Jackson. To me, they just feel like a better quality instrument, and mine sounds much better than the Jackson.
Well...if you like LP, and metal, EC-1000 is fantastic. Easy on the eyes too
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Quote by Ghold125
well that's kinda broad...do you want a trem? do you prefer the body shape? and what's your current gear right now?

I'm currently playing a Gibson LP GT through a Fender G-DEC(sold valveking ). I'll probably go with a floyd, and as for body shape, i'm open to anything.
definately go for esp then, especially with a floyd.

and maybe start saving for a new amp too =P
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
The M-II would be my dream guitar. I think that's in the budget. It has everything I want. ( with a little Hammett thrown in) And yes, a new amp is in order too. :P
If you have a les paul, and like that shape, you should buy a ESP LTD-EC-1000. Works like a charm for metal, and looks amazing :P think they are around 899$ or something, not that much for such a great guitar.
Quote by Jake-fender
I'm currently playing a Gibson LP GT...

Those are some big shoes to fill! But for metal, the can be filled quite well with the ESP LTD EC-1000 (just as others have said):
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
I'd go for a RR24 second hand (if you dont mind having only 1 pup) or a Horizon second hand (if you really need 2 pickups).
Quote by Steve Plod
Those are some big shoes to fill! But for metal, the can be filled quite well with the ESP LTD EC-1000 (just as others have said):

ya maybe, it looks awesome. I think it's safe to say I'll go with ESP.
Yeah unless you're in USA Jackson range, ESP wins. Japanese Jacksons are pretty awesome, but you're getting better hardware with ESP. Most ESPs around 1k have EMG's and OFR's. The Jackson's especially lack in the OFR department.
Gibson.
SL3, RR24 and RR5FR come with OFR's.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
id say a Jackson RR24 is best for you

faster neck than ESP
Active EMG 81
awesome shape (esp just copied it)
OFR
sexy ebony fret board with shark inlays

and before you say Jackson fanboy, i have esps aswell :P
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by Jake_fender
I'm currently playing a Gibson LP GT through a Fender G-DEC(sold valveking ). I'll probably go with a floyd, and as for body shape, i'm open to anything.

I would say Jackson as they are the original, the imports are made better, and the used USAs can also be had around there easily, where as ESP may take more time to find one at that range. But they all might as well be the same guitar with that amp.
Quote by mrbungle50221
id say a Jackson RR24 is best for you

faster neck than ESP
Active EMG 81
awesome shape (esp just copied it)
OFR
sexy ebony fret board with shark inlays

and before you say Jackson fanboy, i have esps aswell :P

hm. ill consider it. (lol, no hating on your love of jackson)
All this is getting confusing. I think we've established both brands make great guitars. I guess I will just go down to some local guitar stores and see what I prefer. But as of now, I am keeping my options open between Jackson and ESP.
I don't like to play V's. Like, not the playability, but the shape.
Id go for an Explorer anyway.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by LP_CL
SL3, RR24 and RR5FR come with OFR's.

this.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux