Whats better. A high end Agile, or High end epiphone (Non Elitist, or prophecy.)

Bang for your buck situation, or just nice guitar. You tell me!
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

It came out like 2 weeks ago

We all saw it

We all pointed and laughed

We all secretly wished we could afford it
grrr, i really like epiphone les paul custom's, but the ebony fretboards on the al-3000/3100 just sells it there
Agile actually has some better features for a cheaper price.......... like Ebony fretboard, real abalone inlays, solid mahogany body with a real maple cap.

Whereas a similarly priced Epiphone has multi-piece body, with a thin maple veneer, mother of toilet seat inlays, and rosewood fretboard.

But I HATE the rounded off horn of the Agile "Les Pauls" I just can't deal with that at all. So ....... for me.......... I'd rather have the Epiphone.
Agile if you're going for bang for your buck.

They have Grovers and a Graphtech nut, something you don't find on the Epis in that price range.
Quote by dcooper830
Agile actually has some better features for a cheaper price.......... like Ebony fretboard, real abalone inlays, solid mahogany body with a real maple cap.

Whereas a similarly priced Epiphone has multi-piece body, with a thin maple veneer, mother of toilet seat inlays, and rosewood fretboard.

But I HATE the rounded off horn of the Agile "Les Pauls" I just can't deal with that at all. So ....... for me.......... I'd rather have the Epiphone.

I'm a fast neck person. I really don't care about the body, as long as it is finished, Pickups are nice, and its clean.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

Depends on the model.

I swear by epiphone though.
I love their guitars, and amps.
if you gave me two comprable guitars from each maker, id take the agile. less expensive, i think theyre better quality, and ive had great experience with agiles
Agiles are apparently made in the same factory as epiphones, but agiles are cheaper, they are of higher quality too.
Quote by nyeguitarist
Agiles are apparently made in the same factory as epiphones, but agiles are cheaper, they are of higher quality too.

Anything to do with gibson....

^ $50

^ $500
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

Quote by GibsonSG120
Anything to do with gibson....

^ $50

^ $500

And epiphones don't even have the gibson headstock, yet the new slash epi goldtop is retailing around $1500...
Quote by nyeguitarist
And epiphones don't even have the gibson headstock, yet the new slash epi goldtop is retailing around $1500...

Epi's have gibson in Small letters on the headstock

The company who makes them is a big douche!
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

Has to be Epi for me, no choice, because being Canadian, and no Agile dealer up here anywhere, we are subject to exchange rates, UPS shipping and their excessive charges that Rondo uses, and over priced custom duties and clearance fees because of UPS. In other words, the agiles just priced themselves right out of the market up here.

Actually neither if I was to spend that kind of money, for the amount of money a 3100 would cost, could get a higher end guitar for the same price range. Kind of sad really...
Quote by GibsonSG120
Epi's have gibson in Small letters on the headstock

The company who makes them is a big douche!

I thought it was on the truss rod cover.
Anyway how new gibsons are priced now I'm better off saving money from working for a couple years and buying vintage. At least its value will rise in a couple years.
Quote by nyeguitarist
I thought it was on the truss rod cover.
Anyway how new gibsons are priced now I'm better off saving money from working for a couple years and buying vintage. At least its value will rise in a couple years.

Exactly.

I'll go check my Crappy epiphone....

Les Paul Special II.... It's so metal.

My Fender MIM strat is heavier than that Epi. It's so sad.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

Agile. Every Epiphone i have played was kinda cheap. Grainy fretboard and terrible finish. Those guitars usually cost around $400. My agile was 275 and is a buttload better than a g310 and has a much better finish than a g400. the G400 has totally different neck profile i think and no binding. The pups are pretty "lame" and kinda muddy . My valkyries ceramics are cheap enough to notice the difference to a seymour duncan but toneful enough that many owners never changed them out.

thats my reasoning.
Quote by BR0THERALEX
what ever happened to GIBSON and when?

Gibby lost Quality control and Raised prices.

Fans being mistreated= No fans.

Although I seriously am debating on this guitar!

Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

Quote by FireandFlames
Agile if you're going for bang for your buck.

They have Grovers and a Graphtech nut, something you don't find on the Epis in that price range.

Epi Standards and above have Grovers.
Quote by eminentgonz
Epi Standards and above have Grovers.

with 18:1 tuning ratios?

Quote by (Metal)lica
What exactlly is a "Baritone guitar" I see a lot of agiles like that but I dont know really what it is

http://www.rondomusic.com/product804.html

The neck is of a longer scale length. They're nice for drop tunings.
Someone else can tell him more about them. I'm not too knowledgeable with baritones.
Last edited by FireandFlames at Sep 9, 2008,