I am thinking about getting a second guitar over the next little while once I get some money together. I've got this gas attack for an explorer style guitar with a good quality double locking trem and a neck perfect for fast solos and shredding etc. I have my les paul that can do most genres I jsut really want a guitar that is really almost an opposite to my LP. Has to have a Double licking trem, fast neck, etc. There isnt much in the way of explorers that really suit what I want in the market. The closest thing I can find is a Jackson KE3. I really like the kelly design as its based off the explorer shape but it has one major flaw. No tone control of any kind. I'd love a master tone control atleast because I do tend to use this alot with my boogie. So my main question would be what is there really in the market for explorer type guitars with double locking trems etc more metal in a way. The guitar does need to be versatile but I'm really looking for something to do what my LP lacks. Budget would probably be around as much as 750 - somewhere below 1500. Ive done my own search but I'm having alittle trouble and I was wondering if anyone would mind helping me out. If I cant find one I can either add a master tone control to the jackson (if this is even possible?) or buy an ESP explorer of some sort and install a trem of my own. Anyways Id love some help and I play blues, rock and metal mostly. This guitar will be used more for rock and metal really, the blues aspect is covered by my LP. Thanks in advance.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
its either kelly or custom
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Put a tone control on it, take the Kelly to a luthier and get it done...its not too expensive either.
Quote by HighPotency
As long as it isn't the Gibson EX with a FR and locking tuners and non-locking nut.... And

Locking* :P

Awesome info so far guys, I will definately consider adding a tone knob to a KE3. One option I was looking at was getting a warmoth explorer type guitar routed for a FR although I would have to assumble it myself. Would anyone know how much that would be and if I could order such a thing to be made?
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni