for that price, yes. i playe done a while back and it gets great classic, marshall-like tones. anything other than a classic lowgain sound though....eh i didnt like it. i definitely wouldnt et one for metal or even modern hard rock. but like i said, classic rock, blues, stuff like that, its an amazing amp. might also want to look at a used peavey classic 30. you can get the head or the combo for around 300-400 easily. great classic sounds, and has way better cleans than the windsor
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I've got the windsor head and yeah it's probably the cheapest way to go. Not the best either........
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Acquiescence
it seems there's a lot of negative thoughts on this amp but the harmony central reviews are good

Very rarely are those reviews not positive. Occasionally, but usually its the happy owners that chime in. Yea, a used classic 30 or YCV50 would be better.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Yeah from what I hear the Windsor Studio is pretty bland. The clips I heard of it were far from impressing.

I highly recommend a YCV50 or Classic 30. Where do you live? If you're in the UK, chek out the Laney VC30.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009