Hey,

while I started learning guitar in June and I'm starting to get the hang out of. My guitar is a Lyon by Washburn...says on the head LI15...but I know it goes by a different name. Like Wo15 or something

SO pretty much I know nothing about guitars and stuff but I do know that my amp is not the greatest. I'm not in need of a new amp right now, but in the future, I'd like ot get a better one.

So, can you suggest some versatile amp. I'm into heavy rock songs, not exactly metal. More like Nirvana and A Perfect Circle.

I'm suggesting a 200-300 dollar price range, but willing to accept 500 and below. I'm just trying to get a better sound. I also only play for myself and I don't play any gigs.
Look into the Blackheart tube amps or the cube 60. If you get the black hearts u need to get a pedal too to play heavier stuff.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Ok thanks for the recommendations everyone but one question,

what are tubes? (I'm still new to all this terminology)
Quote by direngrey680
Ok thanks for the recommendations everyone but one question,

what are tubes? (I'm still new to all this terminology)

They generally sound better at high volumes when you turn up the amp and generally sound richer and fuller than a solid state amp. That's why most professionals use tube amps. But if you're just playing in your bedroom IMO you don't really have need for one. A good solid state amp with good modeling can do you well for bedroom use.
also look at the vox valvetronix series. they do a huge range of tones and sound great too
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣